Amazon Firestick (1 Viewer)

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Help please! I have an Amazon prime account & want to watch prime tv at home. Television is not a smart one but is connected via cable to wifi. Do I need to buy a firestick to watch prime content???? Been searching tinternet & failed to come up with answer :unsure: Hopefully someone here will know or can ask a small child for me! :rolleyes:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
tv is connected by cable to wifi sounds a bit odd? prime etc are normally available via an app on smart tvs. a firestick turns your tv into a smart tv, which means you dont have to replace your tv. another advantage of just using a firestick is that smart tv's, as they get older, dont always have to ability to update to be able to receive whatever is around at the time, so the 'smart functions' become obsolete, though of course you could then just add a firestick, but as you could do that now, why bother getting a new smart tv?

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You need something to run the Amazon Video app on, be it a firestick, TV box or a new smart TV. If you have an HDMI socket on your existing TV then a firestick is probably the easiest to setup and use and the cheapest way to go.

There are lots of alternatives to the firestick but if you have Prime and the main objective is to get access to it on a TV then a firestick is no brainer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Can't understand why you have a TV that isn't a smart TV connected to the internet with a cable or why there would be a socket for a internet connection on an ordinary TV!!!!
You don't mean connected to a virgin or sky box do you?

OP
OP
simbadog
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Can't understand why you have a TV that isn't a smart TV connected to the internet with a cable or why there would be a socket for a internet connection on an ordinary TV!!!!
You don't mean connected to a virgin or sky box do you?

The wifi cable from the router is connected to the humax box.

Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
You will need a firestick to watch it on your TV, they are on offer at the moment at Argos £29.95 for the standard one and £34.95 4K one they really easy to set up as well.
If you get one i would advise to check for updates every two weeks.... here's how,
On main screen highlight and press ok on settings
Scroll across to my fire TV and press ok
Scroll down to about and press ok
Scroll down to check for updates and press ok
If update is ready press ok on install
Hope this helps
regards Darren

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
As others have said, a fire stick is a no brainer. Once I bought one and set it up with the odd additional apps ;) I don't know how I managed without it! Be aware that if you get one that frequently loses connection it may not be your router etc, Amazon are aware that they sometimes ship dodgy ones and replaced mine without any hassle.

Deleted User
You must have house WiFi and your TV must have an HDMI port for the Firestick, btw we have 2.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back