Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Hi to all!
In the shower in our Ixeo Burstner the 'shampoo bottle' retainers are a loose push fit into the plastic panel. Am I being too paranoid about water ingress round these items or should I silicone the gap where the two meet?
Far too much time on my hands so worrying about the little details that will keep this van pristine for many years.

IMG_23831.jpg

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I admire your attention to detail . One thing is for sure , you are likely to spot a problem before it happens šŸ‘šŸ»

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
When you say, " loose push fit" do you mean you can remove the restrianers without removing the whole panel?.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark McG
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
When you say, " loose push fit" do you mean you can remove the restrianers without removing the whole panel?.
They are quite loosely clipped into place, no rubbed seals etc. Keep trying to come up with clever ideas as to how to get a better seal.

Upvote 0

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
They are quite loosely clipped into place, no rubbed seals etc. Keep trying to come up with clever ideas as to how to get a better seal.
If you can take them out I suppose you could get some gasket material and make some, or get someone to make them for you. Personally I wouldn't worry about it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark McG
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Canā€™t see what harm that a run of silicon sealant around the top and sides would do,but donā€™t seal the bottom
As if any water dose get in it is allowed to get out through the bottom, without building up.
Good call

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Canā€™t see what harm that a run of silicon sealant around the top and sides would do,but donā€™t seal the bottom
As if any water dose get in it is allowed to get out through the bottom, without building up.
It would look terrible, the best way is to take them off and seal behind.

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Hi to all!
In the shower in our Ixeo Burstner the 'shampoo bottle' retainers are a loose push fit into the plastic panel. Am I being too paranoid about water ingress round these items or should I silicone the gap where the two meet?
Far too much time on my hands so worrying about the little details that will keep this van pristine for many years.

View attachment 491257
.....silicon sealer....

If you do go down the silicon route - be aware that even the best will become black with mold in time. This will mean going back in for a new seal which could load/stress the fitting holes.
I have used super glue to seal things in the past - but watch out for drips that are there for ever, and make sure things are straight - or it will drive you mad.

D

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Take them out and look in the holes.
My money is on the panel being designed with blanked recesses. .
Nobody in the world is going to design a shower panel with open holes allowing water ingress.

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Hi to all!

View attachment 491257
We too have an Ixeo with identical shower. We use ours all the time and no water ingress is apparent from the retainers. Why donā€™t you use your shower ? Itā€™s brilliant.
Phil

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back