Almeria Camping Clampdown (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Not good news for many, but it is getting out of hand.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I can understand and sympathise with that. I wouldn't want it happening in my village, beauty spot or sea front, especially as the locals have to put up with the Costa del Cheapskate sunseekers 52 weeks a year.
In moderation with two or three in 'wild' spots it would be tolerable but over the years it has developed into packed traveller encampments which I would avoid like the plague.

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
The other side to this article are the four letters in response.
Each one of them is critical of the LA for not providing the facilities in Almeria for the use of motorhomers.
The article suggested that m/h parking areas are provided by the LA at 10 Euros a night.
Maybe the LA feels that the unofficial m/home encampments detract from the appeal of the area for other tourists or they want to retain the land or their finances for hotel building or house building for nationals or as holiday homes.............:unsure:
It seems that most of the m/homers aren't breaking any laws and I don't have any axe to grind with them but the encampments do look unsightly and don't appeal to me at all.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
There are camperstop @€10 + EHU but they are few and far between and from my own personal experience this winter, are full.
The comment re Maroc. is correct. I have never seen as many French vans as I have this winter.
Whilst I cannot argue that some FLT's have emptied their black waste inappropriately, there is a definate lack of photographic evidence to corroborate the seeming everyday occurrence of it happening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
There are camperstop @€10 + EHU but they are few and far between and from my own personal experience this winter, are full.
Unofficial encampments aren't tolerated in the U.K. whether sites are full or not so it seems unreasonable/arrogant of 'foreigners' to expect the Spanish people to put up with it.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
The comment re Maroc. is correct. I have never seen as many French vans as I have this winter.
Whilst I cannot argue that some FLT's have emptied their black waste inappropriately, there is a definate lack of photographic evidence to corroborate the seeming everyday occurrence of it happening.
Having said which, all those vans have to empty 20-30 liters every 2-3 days, so it's all going somewhere ......

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The camperstop at Roquetas de Mar makes a very good living from the FLT's parked at either end of the prom.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Having said which, all those vans have to empty 20-30 liters every 2-3 days, so it's all going somewhere ......
Tbf there are plenty of service areas in Spain. Even some garages have them. Doubtless there will still be some numpties emptying in the bushes but it really isnt necessary.

Imo Spains biggest problem is that they have been one of very few winter destinations letting people in

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Funny enough Almeria some years ago is the only place that I have actually caught or seen anyone tipping black waste wrongly..Caught 2 dirty Germans emptying their black waste in the lagoon of all places at Cabo de Gatta.I I cycled towards them shouting they ran back to there vans and drove off..Bit younger then it was 15 years ago..Bit to old for aggrevation now,,BUSBY.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Why do they all congregate in the same area?

Surely you'd be better off trying to hide away on your own, or at least without fifty others.

We've just had four nights away in the Almeria region, inland from Tabernas. We free parked every night and we were alone on three of the four nights. The other night we were joined by one other motorhome.

We had a lovely few days away.

01000456.jpg
01000554.jpg
IMG_20220131_165252.jpg

01000607.jpg

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
The camperstop at Roquetas de Mar makes a very good living from the FLT's parked at either end of the prom.
Possibly, but trouble seems to be the Number of FLT's, according to the Spanish Councils, and it is they're Country after all...

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Not good news for many, but it is getting out of hand.
English Version...

ALMERIA
The colonies are multiplying uncontrollably in public spaces in the capital and on the Almeria coast, while other Andalusian municipalities have reacted in recent months with restrictions to put an end to the boom in houses on wheels in a pandemic

The consented invasion of motorhomes

Rafael Gonzalez

Written by

IVAN GOMEZ
Editor

09 February, 2022 - 06:00h

Motorhomes are in fashion and have been experiencing a strong pull during the pandemic. In the main towns of the Almeria geography it roams freely without any control or regulation and the colonies of houses on wheels have multiplied like mushrooms in recent months . They are invading public spaces that do not meet adequate conditions for this type of vehicle, such as the old fairgrounds, Retamar beaches and the mouth of the Andarax River in the capital, as is the case with parking lots on promenades and privileged areas of the coast throughout the province a.

MORE INFORMATION

The Board imposes this summer more than 500 fines on caravans in the Cabo de Gata natural park
The motorhome drivers, unpunished before the illegal settlements on the coast
This saturation of caravans, which are mostly in the hands of French, German and Central Europeans who have moved to the south of the peninsula in winter in search of good weather, generates a serious problem of image, coexistence and health in those strategic points of the Andalusian coast that they are being forced to take measures in the face of the collapse of facilities and public areas not enabled for the stay of mobile homes. City councils of the Tropical Coast of Granada and Malaga have approved in recent months edicts and ordinanceswith which to put a stop to this wave of motorhomes who repel specific areas to avoid the expense that it entails - around 15 euros a day - and opt for privileged enclaves totally free but without benefits.

Almuñecar has already prohibited camping on urban roads in the municipality while it is studying the creation of an overnight area and the Motril municipality has recently had a regulation in force that does not allow parking for more than two days in a row in the same place that is usually the promenade . maritime and seaside areas. The Malaga council has just approved a drastic ban on the esplanade located next to the José María Martín Carpena Sports Palace where a small mobile city had been improvised with more than a hundred caravanists as a camping site. Multiple complaints from neighbors have pushed the council to determine that the car park can only be accessed from nine in the morning to twelve at night. Regulations that have been emerging in response to a situation that is spreading along the Andalusian coast, but that have already been applied in other stricter communities such as Catalonia.

Caravans in the parking lot of the port of Garrucha Caravans in the parking lot of the port of Garrucha

Caravans in the parking lot of the port of Garrucha / RAFAEL GONZÁLEZ

For some time now, Almería has been one of the provinces with the greatest demand and drive for motorhome tourism , but its large coastal towns have made practically no progress in regulating a segment that has experienced exponential growth since the beginning of the crisis. coronavirus health. There is no regulation at the provincial level, beyond those established for the protected areas of the community, and most towns are not facing an increasingly palpable reality in their enclosures and promenades , especially during the winter months. The consistories, including that of the capital, are turning a blind eye to a consented invasion of motorhomes in spaces that are not enabled or conditioned for overnight stays.

Not only do they occupy beachfront car parks, but they also empty the gray and black water tank, called poti in caravanist jargon, into the public sewer every two or three days. A dozen establishments in the province, concentrated in Carboneras, Aguamarga, Pujaire, Albaricoques, Cabo de Gata and Roquetas , were designed for this service and have facilities to evacuate these discharges, as well as showers and other benefits that do not exist in the ' clandestine settlements. The users of these legal locations face investments of more than 180,000 euros in their mobile homes, those who own them, but are not willing to pay the between 10 and 20 euros per day charged by the enabled areas and campsites in the province.

They are mainly colonies of European tourists who save 15 euros a day in designated areas

In the capital, caravans have made several migrations in recent years , although their presence has not stopped growing. They were frequent in the area of El Palmeral until the neighborhood pressure due to noise and saturation ended up moving them to the Paseo de Ribera on the Bobar beach. During the first part of the pandemic they moved from the car parks of the Maestro Padilla Municipal Auditorium to the mouth of the Andarax River and since the end of the year the main colony of adapted motorhomes and camper vans has been installed in the old fairgrounds, next to the outdoor sports facilities and family park on Avenida del Mediterráneo. Not all choose to share massive camps and sometimes small groups can be found in other areas such as the Levante del Puerto dock. During the last weekend there were also caravans in Las Salinas and Retamar .

Although the caravanist responds to a profile of ecological tourist, who is self-sufficient and is a lover of nature, sometimes with high purchasing power, these clandestine and free campsites that have been improvised by half the province can never be understood precisely as an example of sustainable tourism because, beyond the unfair competition exerted on the businessmen who have prepared facilities for this purpose, the motorhomes have to frequently empty their tanks and on many occasions this waste ends up in the sea, riverbeds or sewers .

Caravan colonies in privileged enclaves of the Cabo de Gata natural park

Aware of their impunity, they do not hesitate to set up tables and chairs next to their caravans, park other secondary vehicles such as trailers, bikes and motorcycles or hang clothes to dry with ropes tied to trees. These colonies not only multiply occupying roads and public spaces in the capital, but they are practically dispersed throughout unregulated points of the entire Almeria coast from Adra to Pulpí . Hence the strong criticism in recent years from the private sector that offers this type of service to caravanists for investing in public spaces that were not profitable.

The public administrations have severely sanctioned this type of overnight stay in protected natural spaces, such as the beaches of the Cabo de Gata natural park -more than 500 fines last summer-, but in urban centers such as the capital, the city councils feel overwhelmed and ensure that control over rotations is practically impossible . In high season they estimate that there are close to a thousand motorhome drivers deployed in the province, although the main breaches occur in winter when they move away from the conditioned areas.

They saturate car parks on seafront promenades and other public areas in privileged enclaves

The caravanists have discovered that in certain places of confluence the Police do not act through economic sanctions and the neighborhoods communicate with each other to determine overnight areas in corners as unique as the beaches of San José, Aguamarga, Las Negras, Garrucha or Vera. In summer the influx intensifies, mainly around the coast of the natural park, but the domestic market usually goes to the areas intended for motorhomes , specifically those of the campsites in the province. However, in winter foreigners arrive in waves who have chosen not to invest a single euro in their stays, generating serious economic damage to the owners of designated areas that are practically empty until Easter.

More than 500 fines in the natural park

Last summer, Environment Agents of the Junta de Andalucía filed more than 500 reports of non-compliance with current regulations in the Cabo de Gata-Níjar Natural Park, most of them for spending the night with vehicles enabled as homes , such as caravans, motorhomes or 'camper' vans, in spaces not enabled between sunset and sunrise. Sources from the Andalusian Government have specified that from the beginning of July to the end of the first fortnight of August, 511 fines have been issued, of which 430 have been to people who have tried to spend the night outside the spaces enabled for it inside the park. .Despite its proximity and the dissemination of regulations for the correct use and enjoyment of the spaces of the natural park

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
It was free last time we were there in 2020, lots of FLT. Have they started charging?

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Different area but - aire at Calnegre, Murcia. 7 euros per night including services, overlooking a fabulous beach with 2 restaurants & still several motorhomes free parked just outside on the edge of the beach for several days.... Unusually though, we've never seen this aire so quiet in all the years we've been visiting here, not sure why? 🤔

IMG_20220211_153645.jpg

Last edited:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Why do they all congregate in the same area?

Surely you'd be better off trying to hide away on your own, or at least without fifty others.
There were 47 moved on from here last week, nose to tail along the front. Residents and businesses complained to the mayor and she gave plod a kick up the arse and hey presto they were gone. Some had been there for weeks.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The Spanish motorhome association's, have been fighting and protesting for to keep the rights to park as you would a car and your allowed 48hrs, there has been threads and posts removed on the Spanish forums, there's been photos of people wandering off in broad daylight with their cassette and its causing a lot of friction amongst many, they are being removed as Jim would, why can't these selfish idiot's move every 2 days and stop camping activities and keeping everyone happy, when the Spanish issues fines they are normally eye watering, even more so if the vehicle is towed. 😁
If you want to camp and stay in one place use camperstops or campsites. 🤔 Bob.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It was free last time we were there in 2020, lots of FLT. Have they started charging?
They are charging about €4-5 for dumping and loading up with fresh at the camperstop.
I'm not talking about the FLTing.
I'm talking about servicing at the Camperstop.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: f6c

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Different area but - aire at Calnegre, Murcia. 7 euros per night including services, overlooking a fabulous beach with 2 restaurants & still several motorhomes free parked just outside on the edge of the beach for several days.... Unusually though, we've never seen this aire so quiet in all the years we've been visiting here, not sure why? 🤔

View attachment 585189
Stayed there 2018.
From memory the owner would turn up with his very young daughter in an evening.
Even then there were folk who who would park up almost opposite the entrance FLTing.

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
This has been brewing for years now,also in Portugal a failure I reckon of the authorities to provide adequate provision and management

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Stayed there 2018.
From memory the owner would turn up with his very young daughter in an evening.
Even then there were folk who who would park up almost opposite the entrance FLTing.
Just wondering if changes are afoot - several fenced off enclosed and gated spaces to the front of the Aire - possible holiday plots? 🤔

Pirahna

Free Member
Aug 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
Exp
Since never. I've been a lightweight tent camper for the last 45 years.
I've been in Spain for the last 5 weeks. I've been avoiding the coast because of the stories I'm being told from the people I meet, tonight I'm parked at place called Hornachuelos, it's west of Cordoba and it's typical of the places I've stayed. There are 21 vans here tonight, 17 are Spanish. The aires are quiet all week then Friday afternoon the Spanish emerge. Last weekend there were 46 spaces on the site, 42 of them were Spanish. This is typical of the places I've stayed and again, because the overwhelming site/aire usage is by the Spanish the majority of the bad behaviour is from the Spanish. Basically, if I'm the only non-Spanish van and someone has emptied their black waste into the grey drain/drinking water drain or whatever and it wasn't me, then it was a local.

Just sayin'

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
All well and good but we just spent a few days in Cabo de Gato for my birthday with friends in their m/h as well. The aire at Agua Amarga we only just got into by "playing the Spanish number plate" over two foreign vans at the road crossing just as you approach it. It was then full for the next two nights when we left. Camping Tau is closed - so to be fair where are people meant to pitch? Lots of folk are perfectly happy to pay a tenner a night and have access to dump and fill with fresh, as well as have the bread man come round every day, but there simply aren't enough aires. For info attached is the official signage from over the road.. that's the lot for all this area!
20220211_085320.jpg

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
They are charging about €4-5 for dumping and loading up with fresh at the camperstop.
I'm not talking about the FLTing.
I'm talking about servicing at the Camperstop.
Oh that one, yes know it. Across the rambla from the market. We usually stay at Camping Roquetas and cycle past the FLs on the muddy car park to get to the Market and town. All that inconvenience to save €15 a day, unbelievable.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We just stayed at Area Camper Cabo de Gata, plenty of space and good ( but not cheap) facilities. The car park by the beach was very crowded. Those on the front row had a view but the rest was a car park.
As for the litter which is the chief crop of the region, we cycled past a boar going through the bins.

Attachments

• 88263DD2-1077-42B7-8486-A4F6C94821CF.jpeg
    88263DD2-1077-42B7-8486-A4F6C94821CF.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 37
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Oh that one, yes know it. Across the rambla from the market. We usually stay at Camping Roquetas and cycle past the FLs on the muddy car park to get to the Market and town. All that inconvenience to save €15 a day, unbelievable.

How many times do we who like camping away from campsites have to say that it is not about the money.

Although I would not like to park with more than say 5 MHs and then spread out a bit.

I enjoyed our time for many weeks on a Greek island last summer when I think we were the only MH on the island and were welcome everywhere - mind you I was welcome everywhere for 30 years without the MH.

Geoff

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
English Version...

ALMERIA
The colonies are multiplying uncontrollably in public spaces in the capital and on the Almeria coast, while other Andalusian municipalities have reacted in recent months with restrictions to put an end to the boom in houses on wheels in a pandemic

The consented invasion of motorhomes

Rafael Gonzalez

Written by

IVAN GOMEZ
Editor

09 February, 2022 - 06:00h

Motorhomes are in fashion and have been experiencing a strong pull during the pandemic. In the main towns of the Almeria geography it roams freely without any control or regulation and the colonies of houses on wheels have multiplied like mushrooms in recent months . They are invading public spaces that do not meet adequate conditions for this type of vehicle, such as the old fairgrounds, Retamar beaches and the mouth of the Andarax River in the capital, as is the case with parking lots on promenades and privileged areas of the coast throughout the province a.

MORE INFORMATION

The Board imposes this summer more than 500 fines on caravans in the Cabo de Gata natural park
The motorhome drivers, unpunished before the illegal settlements on the coast
This saturation of caravans, which are mostly in the hands of French, German and Central Europeans who have moved to the south of the peninsula in winter in search of good weather, generates a serious problem of image, coexistence and health in those strategic points of the Andalusian coast that they are being forced to take measures in the face of the collapse of facilities and public areas not enabled for the stay of mobile homes. City councils of the Tropical Coast of Granada and Malaga have approved in recent months edicts and ordinanceswith which to put a stop to this wave of motorhomes who repel specific areas to avoid the expense that it entails - around 15 euros a day - and opt for privileged enclaves totally free but without benefits.

Almuñecar has already prohibited camping on urban roads in the municipality while it is studying the creation of an overnight area and the Motril municipality has recently had a regulation in force that does not allow parking for more than two days in a row in the same place that is usually the promenade . maritime and seaside areas. The Malaga council has just approved a drastic ban on the esplanade located next to the José María Martín Carpena Sports Palace where a small mobile city had been improvised with more than a hundred caravanists as a camping site. Multiple complaints from neighbors have pushed the council to determine that the car park can only be accessed from nine in the morning to twelve at night. Regulations that have been emerging in response to a situation that is spreading along the Andalusian coast, but that have already been applied in other stricter communities such as Catalonia.

Caravans in the parking lot of the port of Garrucha Caravans in the parking lot of the port of Garrucha

Caravans in the parking lot of the port of Garrucha / RAFAEL GONZÁLEZ

For some time now, Almería has been one of the provinces with the greatest demand and drive for motorhome tourism , but its large coastal towns have made practically no progress in regulating a segment that has experienced exponential growth since the beginning of the crisis. coronavirus health. There is no regulation at the provincial level, beyond those established for the protected areas of the community, and most towns are not facing an increasingly palpable reality in their enclosures and promenades , especially during the winter months. The consistories, including that of the capital, are turning a blind eye to a consented invasion of motorhomes in spaces that are not enabled or conditioned for overnight stays.

Not only do they occupy beachfront car parks, but they also empty the gray and black water tank, called poti in caravanist jargon, into the public sewer every two or three days. A dozen establishments in the province, concentrated in Carboneras, Aguamarga, Pujaire, Albaricoques, Cabo de Gata and Roquetas , were designed for this service and have facilities to evacuate these discharges, as well as showers and other benefits that do not exist in the ' clandestine settlements. The users of these legal locations face investments of more than 180,000 euros in their mobile homes, those who own them, but are not willing to pay the between 10 and 20 euros per day charged by the enabled areas and campsites in the province.

They are mainly colonies of European tourists who save 15 euros a day in designated areas

In the capital, caravans have made several migrations in recent years , although their presence has not stopped growing. They were frequent in the area of El Palmeral until the neighborhood pressure due to noise and saturation ended up moving them to the Paseo de Ribera on the Bobar beach. During the first part of the pandemic they moved from the car parks of the Maestro Padilla Municipal Auditorium to the mouth of the Andarax River and since the end of the year the main colony of adapted motorhomes and camper vans has been installed in the old fairgrounds, next to the outdoor sports facilities and family park on Avenida del Mediterráneo. Not all choose to share massive camps and sometimes small groups can be found in other areas such as the Levante del Puerto dock. During the last weekend there were also caravans in Las Salinas and Retamar .

Although the caravanist responds to a profile of ecological tourist, who is self-sufficient and is a lover of nature, sometimes with high purchasing power, these clandestine and free campsites that have been improvised by half the province can never be understood precisely as an example of sustainable tourism because, beyond the unfair competition exerted on the businessmen who have prepared facilities for this purpose, the motorhomes have to frequently empty their tanks and on many occasions this waste ends up in the sea, riverbeds or sewers .

Caravan colonies in privileged enclaves of the Cabo de Gata natural park

Aware of their impunity, they do not hesitate to set up tables and chairs next to their caravans, park other secondary vehicles such as trailers, bikes and motorcycles or hang clothes to dry with ropes tied to trees. These colonies not only multiply occupying roads and public spaces in the capital, but they are practically dispersed throughout unregulated points of the entire Almeria coast from Adra to Pulpí . Hence the strong criticism in recent years from the private sector that offers this type of service to caravanists for investing in public spaces that were not profitable.

The public administrations have severely sanctioned this type of overnight stay in protected natural spaces, such as the beaches of the Cabo de Gata natural park -more than 500 fines last summer-, but in urban centers such as the capital, the city councils feel overwhelmed and ensure that control over rotations is practically impossible . In high season they estimate that there are close to a thousand motorhome drivers deployed in the province, although the main breaches occur in winter when they move away from the conditioned areas.

They saturate car parks on seafront promenades and other public areas in privileged enclaves

The caravanists have discovered that in certain places of confluence the Police do not act through economic sanctions and the neighborhoods communicate with each other to determine overnight areas in corners as unique as the beaches of San José, Aguamarga, Las Negras, Garrucha or Vera. In summer the influx intensifies, mainly around the coast of the natural park, but the domestic market usually goes to the areas intended for motorhomes , specifically those of the campsites in the province. However, in winter foreigners arrive in waves who have chosen not to invest a single euro in their stays, generating serious economic damage to the owners of designated areas that are practically empty until Easter.

More than 500 fines in the natural park

Last summer, Environment Agents of the Junta de Andalucía filed more than 500 reports of non-compliance with current regulations in the Cabo de Gata-Níjar Natural Park, most of them for spending the night with vehicles enabled as homes , such as caravans, motorhomes or 'camper' vans, in spaces not enabled between sunset and sunrise. Sources from the Andalusian Government have specified that from the beginning of July to the end of the first fortnight of August, 511 fines have been issued, of which 430 have been to people who have tried to spend the night outside the spaces enabled for it inside the park. .Despite its proximity and the dissemination of regulations for the correct use and enjoyment of the spaces of the natural park
Yes there is a lot of freeloading going on but what the article fails to mention is that in some of the areas you can't get in to a campsite or authorised place. Imo it will be totally different next year because there will be more options.

However there still is the problem of people who literally will not pay. I was on a free authorised area the night before last and there were people who had been on there for 2 weeks even though they quoted the 48hour limit.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
How I see the current situation is, Spain has been overwhelmed with numbers, main issue is Morocco and Portugal being restricted...New camperstops are being provided, but that does not happen overnight, planning permission is long winded, then there is the need to construct, but these places are not going to be on the coast, many are not, which does not appeal to visitors here....they want the coast, the view, sunrise and sunset..
I'm sorry to say that this years vast number of motorhome from all over Europe will have a damaging effect, thing have to change, and will...
What will happen is not only going to have an impact on visitors, it will effect us residents, those of us that like to use our motorhome every week, but we too are restricted, our favorite one night hideaways are being lost, due to actions by others...they find, publish on the Web and bingo...another place lost......
I hope this situation will not escalate into a National Ban, but I wouldn't rule this out, the coastal regions have the biggest problems, so thats where the initial action we be seen, here in the Mazarron region we expect something very soon...sad but true....

Jul 28, 2021
Tiverton, UK
Funster No
MH
rapido i1090
Exp
since 1996
How I see the current situation is, Spain has been overwhelmed with numbers, main issue is Morocco and Portugal being restricted...New camperstops are being provided, but that does not happen overnight, planning permission is long winded, then there is the need to construct, but these places are not going to be on the coast, many are not, which does not appeal to visitors here....they want the coast, the view, sunrise and sunset..
I'm sorry to say that this years vast number of motorhome from all over Europe will have a damaging effect, thing have to change, and will...
What will happen is not only going to have an impact on visitors, it will effect us residents, those of us that like to use our motorhome every week, but we too are restricted, our favorite one night hideaways are being lost, due to actions by others...they find, publish on the Web and bingo...another place lost......
I hope this situation will not escalate into a National Ban, but I wouldn't rule this out, the coastal regions have the biggest problems, so thats where the initial action we be seen, here in the Mazarron region we expect something very soon...sad but true....
i think with morocco closed is causing a big problem, lets hope it is open soon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back