Alde, service, panel upgrade, noisy pump etc (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
As promised opening my own thread to save monopolising Pauls experiences :)(y)

We have a 3010 system, fitted when built 2006? we think, not registered till 2009, bought by us in 2013, we suspect it has never had a fluid change, so that started me following a few threads, particularly as our header tank is a little low and needs topping up, that would be about the third time I would have done that with tap water

So we are now booked in at Alde UK for early May for the £200 fluid exchange :)(y)

that would seem to be the easy bit

we have 2 further issues to resolve, although until today we thought we only had one :LOL:

our pump is mounted right under our bed, although not overly noisy during the day, when it cuts in and out at night on the thermostat it disturbs our sleep

simple option, turn off at night o_O no thanks, we use our MH out of season and have had -10C (outside) overnight, not doing that without heating (y)

next option adjust the program to not run for the key hours in the middle of the morning, but that would involve a degree in programming way above my current education status, the keyboard has so many options, I daren't even open the lower display options they literally scare me :whistle:

but I have now found out that Alde created a new controller to exchange for this scary thing, probably due to a melt down at their technical help line, I have even heard that these have been fitted as a DIY project, not really sure that will come under my brief but I have watched the video at least, so know how someone else did it :LOL:

I have options to leave it till the service visit and get Alde to do it, buy one and try :LOL: or more likely buy one and take to Chester and give it my best 'need help look' and hope there are willing helpers going, must have a look at the attendees (y)

but for now I cant even find it on the Alde web site, but have found an upgrade kit including the back plate for £270 on ebay, but don't know if that is good or bad price wise

great idea by Alde to improve the controller but why could they not make it the same shape o_O

over the next few weeks I will give it my best attempt to understand the programming options, but also intend doing the upgrade or at least have it done in May at the service by Alde, plus review the pump noise level

there is an option for Alde to relocate the pump

anybody else been through similar upgrades / issues?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Cant help there David but I would wait to see what Alde say and then make decisions after your visit, they may come up with another solution or move your pump for you or discover other issues/ideas you are not yet aware of.
To say it is £200 for a fluid change they did a lot for me then for an extra £58.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I wasn't meaning to criticise the price, but you are right, that does already include a service on the gas side of the system at least

very good value in my opinion and free entertainment on the evening before the work :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I wasn't meaning to criticise the price, but you are right, that does already include a service on the gas side of the system at least

very good value in my opinion and free entertainment on the evening before the work :LOL:

Yes but I like comedies not bloody horror movies.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Anyway you wont require heating the evening before at least, just put your hands out of the window to warm them on the fire.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Noisy pump - check the speed. They have 5 speed settings, set either via a dial on the pump, of via the control panel. Our was noisy, and Mr Google told me that setting 5, which is for installation and bleeding only, and settings 1-4 for normal use. setting 2 is appropriate for most vans. It is now much quieter. Apparently it is not uncommon for the installer to forget to turn the pump speed down, and in our case this was missed at PDI.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I do recall looking at the pump speed some time ago and it is not set to max but can’t now recall what it is set to o_O

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@DavidG58 not sure if this helps, but last year, a Funster was selling an array of Alde spares, including the new controller for £75. Might be worth seeing if he still has it. We bought the pump from him.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/alde-3010-3020.182152/#post-2978792

Just checked this sale listing, it says for 3020 not 3010 with my luck it would not be compatible

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
All the parts mentioned in the ad will fit the 3010 David. Have a look at the info on the pics.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I just brought a new 3020 touch panel from ebay, i think the 3020 works in place of the 3010 but best check with Alde Support on that as they will be able to tell you. I already had the 3020 but mine was not iNet ready so had to get another one but it is exactly the same as my previous one which is now in a box. If you find out it is compatible and want to test then let me know as you can borrow this one if you like. I cant see it being quieter though as surely it will be the actual heater that is noisy not the control panel. Worth a shot though.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just checked this sale listing, it says for 3020 not 3010 with my luck it would not be compatible
You've misread it. Part number is at top. Most parts are compatible on lower line with 3010 & 3020 but control panel says 3010 only .so should be ok for you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back