Alde Heating, when gas bottle runs out? (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
On our last van we had gas-it bottles and Truma heating and a little switch jobby that told us when the 1st gas bottle had changed over to the 2nd, it then flashed when the 2nd bottle had ran out.

With this van using Gaslow and Alde Heating, there is nothing inside the van to give us that information. I know this is not essential to ones enjoyment of ones motorhome, but it would be nice to have that function again.

We have a Truma rocker switch installed which is just the multivent control but doesn't seemed to be linked to the regulator to light up the LED in the switch to indicate the status of the gas. We can see there is a wire coming from the gas regulator but can find where it goes and what it's purpose might be, other than to relay information about the gas levels. If it is doing this we can see where it is relaying this info to.

Can anyone help, are we missing something?

The van is a 2008 Carthago S Plus and the alde system is the 3010 compact.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Is the wire for changeover information or is it Eis-Ex or whatever it's called that stops it freezing, is there something on the control panel that looks like a snowflake.

I don't think the information you want would come from the ALDE panel, we have it displayed on the CBE control panel in our Flair.

Martin

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have two wires coming from the regulator. One does the body heating and one coming off the top of the reg, where the change indicater is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ah OK we just get a message on the control panel, a flashing gas bottle and in standby mode it will say "gas bottle reserve".

Martin

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Our gas bottles (refillable now, but same applies to standard) were never wired to our controller, which I thought was a shame, our way round that is to leave the second bottle closed, so when bottle one empties, the gas stops, our Alde controller flashes to tell us no gas, so I then open the second valve (y)

then when same happens before I have refilled I curse rather loudly :LOL:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Sandra

Does the wire come off the top like this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Martin

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
On our Carthago we have a warning. When changeover occurs the main power button on the main control (not Alde) panel changes to red, bleeps and pluses. You can test it by turning off the primary cylinder to simulate it being empty.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Sandra

Does the wire come off the top like this?

View attachment 269455

Martin
Yes, just like that. We think @Dorset Diver has just given us a big clue! Looks like our Carthago control panel has not had that feature enabled, doing the research now to see if it can be. Apparently we need a code for our van.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Our gas bottles (refillable now, but same applies to standard) were never wired to our controller, which I thought was a shame, our way round that is to leave the second bottle closed, so when bottle one empties, the gas stops, our Alde controller flashes to tell us no gas, so I then open the second valve (y)

then when same happens before I have refilled I curse rather loudly :LOL:
This is why we want to avoid a "David" moment. :wink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back