Alde Heating on Hymer , rear not getting warm (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Researching new MH
Exp
New to Bymer having purchased a new Hymer BMC T 680 with Alde heating earlier in the year.

I have posed the question to the dealer but to date have not had a useful answer.
The Alde heating system works well, except that the hot water pipes that flow alongside the twin beds and the hot water pipes under the garage floor do not get hot.

The valves are open to both but the feed pipe is cold to the touch, whilst generally running the heating in electric I have also fired up the gas to ensure that the boiler has sufficient output but this has made difference.

The front half of the van is very cosy but the only heat to the rear comes from the little radiator assembly under the rear steps to the bed, a hot water pipe goes from this towards the rear of the garage, it’s warm but not hot to the touch.

Appreciate any ideas...

The taps that are open in the hot water pipes are one under the floor under the table, one on the pipes on the near side bed and one in the garage wall. There is a bypass line regulator on the pipe on the other bed, looks like a brass nut tee’d off the pipe, this is screwed down but the pipe is cold either side, ( the manual suggests opening this a little if the bed valve is closed, it’s open)

Apr 7, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e line
Exp
Have you tried bleeding the system ? Bleed valves should be at high points around the van, turn pump on get it up to temp, turn off circulation pump then bleed air from said valves. Only know this as I have been to Alde today to get ours serviced, so from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Sounds like it needs bleeding. The pump also has a speed setting on it, check that it is on setting 2 for motorhomes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H
Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Researching new MH
Exp
Thanks for the replies I’ll take a look at doing this tomorrow.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Another tip is to take it to a steep hill, point up and bleed, turn around and point downhill and bleed. Used to do this with the caravan and it worked every time.

OP
OP
H
Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Researching new MH
Exp
I had a word with the dealer and they suspect van air lock. They now have some parts that are required for some warranty work and so will look at both issues for me in the new year.

Many thanks for the helpful suggestions.

OP
OP
H
Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Researching new MH
Exp
Yes it did, the dealer replaced a valve in the system, then another , then another and finally the remaining one … it did then all work including the garage underfloor heating. It’s interesting that the heating has to be in for some time before the rear emitters alongside the bed get hot, but when they are hot, they are hot.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Yes it did, the dealer replaced a valve in the system, then another , then another and finally the remaining one … it did then all work including the garage underfloor heating. It’s interesting that the heating has to be in for some time before the rear emitters alongside the bed get hot, but when they are hot, they are hot.
Don’t mess around with the dealers when you have any problems with Alde heating system, ours was supplied from new with several issues which the dealers failed to diagnose or fix , just lots of implausible excuses, booked into Alde headquarters at Wellingborough, great service, guys know the products well and we left with all faults fixed , fluid changed as Hymer put the cheap green stuff in , I wouldn’t go anywhere else with an Alde system .

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I am glad those "bleedin Engineers" sorted it out for you, I did learn a few tricks on how to drain & refill the system without special tools, and to not get an air block in the system, but that's when the vans came with 2 year anti-freeze, it was replaced with the 5 year longer life one, which should be fitted in the first place on all new vans.:swear:
PS: Its not a Swift/Bessacar by any chance is it?
LES

GKD

Mar 17, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
4yrs
Thanks. I’ve suspected a faulty valve for some time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back