Alde Flow (constant hot water booster) (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Anyone have one ?

Any feedback on them ?

Anyone make a DIY install ?

Thinking this might be a good upgrade to add to our Alde system, teenage girls, need i say more😳

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I‘ve had one in my last MH and first class no maintenance really and it does mean constant hot water you never run out no matter how long in the shower.

Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Totally recommend the Alde Flow. It does exactly what it is supposed to. Probably means you will use more water, as you will shower for longer, but nice to have the choice!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
We have had it in our last two vans, as others have said it does give a constant flow of hot water but to be able to do this it needs to be operating on both gas and electric. If you don't have hook-up it is not much good. Saying that we have used it in warmer climates when the water in the fresh tank is at a higher temperature than in winter and we were able to shower no issues.
Not sure what the price is to retrofit but I doubt if we would spec it again in our next van. This may be because only two of us may be a different story for people with a large family all trying to shower in the morning.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Think this is a first on MHF, a consensus of an opinion and a positive one at that 😀

Sounds like it’s one for the winter upgrade list 👍🏻

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
We have one after having a replacement alde system but don’t use it on the normal setting does the two of us,but works well if needed.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Just about holding it together😂😂

He will no doubt reply when he sobers up😂😂😂

Ok, sobered up now 🙈

Alde flow..love it. On the odd occasion where we have had more than two of us showering, it has performed really well. To get the best from it we run it on the 3kw setting where permissible. Even when the temp drops a bit after a shower, the time you’ve dried off and got ready etc, the water is back upto temp anyway. 👍

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Ok, sobered up now 🙈

Alde flow..love it. On the odd occasion where we have had more than two of us showering, it has performed really well. To get the best from it we run it on the 3kw setting where permissible. Even when the temp drops a bit after a shower, the time you’ve dried off and got ready etc, the water is back upto temp anyway. 👍

Great and thanks to all for the feedback.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Ok, sobered up now 🙈

I was under the impression that it was continuous hot water but by the sound of it you still have to give it time to reheat?🤔🤔

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
We have one in our vehicle and it is fantastic.

Had it fitted by ALDE which included a heating fluid Change from the 2 year to the five year stuff👍🏻

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I was under the impression that it was continuous hot water but by the sound of it you still have to give it time to reheat?🤔🤔

Not in between the first two showers you don’t have to Mark, and it all depends how long you take to shower obviously..it’s 12 mins for me🙈, and when I am done the temp is still around the mid 60 mark. We take 20 mins for the two of us to shower and have never run it on leccy and gas together, just one or the other..may have to experiment with that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back