Alde 3020 Overheat Blue Fail (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
Hello, I'm new here and new to motorhome life. I recently bought a Swift Bessacarr 596 in order to get close to my Mother in these crazy times. I'm three days into a 14 day isolation in my Mum's back garden, having left home in the UK for the West Coast of Ireland, but now I have an Alde Blue Fail fault that I can't shift and it's getting cold in here!

The heating was working great on day one, but that evening Overheat Blue Fail appeared. The next morning with some Google and YouTube help, by unplugging the 12 volt supply, normal service resumed, but not for long. Yesterday after more YouTube video's I found the pump had been set to level 5 for bleed purposes and not returned to level 2. I reconnected all the plugs and set level 2, it was a fantastic felling this morning to wake up in the warm, but that only lasted until I had a shower and then the Overheat Blue Fail returned and my shower became very cold! Numerous resets today have not worked for more than a few minutes. I will call Alde on Monday morning for advice, but if anyone has any other idea's in the mean time they would be greatly welcomed.

Rob

OP
OP
Robb
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
Many Thanks David,

I've unplugged the 12 volt to reset and fired up again with only gas. Only a few minutes in so far, but looking good and hot water too! Fingers crossed for a warm night.

Thank you!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robb
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
That lasted about 5 minutes before the Overheat blue fail returned, I'll try again with only hook up.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Have you bled the system? There is a chance air has been introduced by the pump speed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robb
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
Thanks Googlebot,
I read it might be a bleeding issue so levelled up and then discovered the pump was set to level 5 for bleed purpose and now I understand why the header tank was going crazy whilst at that setting. David suggested earlier to try on Gas or Hook up alone, Gas worked for 5 minutes, but since then I cooled the system down and rebooted on 2k power, I'm about an hour in and still online? I can't hit 3k as only on a 13 amp hook up, but enough to keep the chill out of the air for now. Hoping for a warm shower in the morning! Thanks for all your help!
Rob

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Try and find the bleed nipples and see if air comes out. Make sure the system is off though or you can let air in when you open the bleed nipples.

Good luck, it’s a bit chilly!

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
It is still worthwhile giving Alde a call, especially now you have a working understanding of the system. They are one of the better companies to deal with and get help from.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robb
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
Disappointing response from Alde Tech Rep today! As the motorhome is two years old I need to have it serviced and the fluid changed. I know there is air in the system, but he wasn't interested in helping me out, he just pointed me to a service centre that's now closed and over 100 miles away, more YouTube search's for me tonight!

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
That’s not like Alde and a shame.

Any caravan dealers should also have the kit to change the fluid.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robb
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
There's nothing wrong with the fluid or the flow, but I guess at two years he just saw an easy way out, I did explain my predicament, but he offered no help. Tomorrow I'm going to take this van apart and understand every high point in the system. I can hear air at the boiler but just can't get rid.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
If the fluid is two years old and is blue, it probably needs changing.

When I kept getting that fault it didn’t take much air to come out to sort it. You should see something like the picture below on a pipe by the boiler. It’s an auto vent and if it has a cap or top, that needs to be open and not closed. That’s how they don’t need bleeding by the boiler.

2AAA9226-596A-4698-A6EA-7EC93384AE22.png

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Mine doesn't have anything to bleed?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated

View attachment 453802
The brass thing is the auto vent in the middle of the picture. Take the tube off the side and make sure it isn’t blocked, failing that, it’s bleeding all high points.

Good luck! 👍

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
On our Aspire there is a bleed valve at each radiator Finn. Make sure the fluid is topped up and the system is off. The age of the fluid will not effect the operation of the heating. Try turning the thermostat down a bit in case it is not calibrated correctly this can cause the system boiler to trip out.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I was surprised how many bleed points I found on mine, including one behind a panel 🤔

disappointed for you on the Alde response , in fairness to my own experience it was based on on-site support at their base

edit - when I say found, I actually mean Alde found 👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robb
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
I found two more bleed points today, so total now is 6, but none had any air in them? I'm taking the day off work tomorrow to dig further.

Thanks Everyone

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Have you reset the boiler? different to reset at the panel I think.

This error can occur if the boiler is running at high effect while there are air pockets in the system.

1. Bleed the system thoroughly, see user´s manual.
  2. Check that the fluid level in the expansion tank is at least 1 cm over the min-line when the fluid is cold.
This can also occur if the circulation pump is broken or disconnected from the boiler.

To reset the error,

1. The glycol temperature must drop below 41°F (50 °C)
  2. Break and reconnect 12 V to the boiler.

Upvote 0

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
  1. The glycol temperature must drop below 41°F (50 °C)
I think there might be a mistake as 41deg f is a lot cooler than 50 deg c.

funflair

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robb
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
Toastie at last!

I'm not counting my chickens just yet, but a simple Tyrap in the wrong place seems to have trapped some air. Cutting the Tyrap lowered the tube an inch and I've had normal service since, including a warm shower, which was so welcomed!

Thanks again for all the help.

20210106_193132.jpg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back