Air assist rear suspension and insurance company (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Have recently fitted rear air assist to our Ducato. I am about to tell the insurance company, i would be interested if anyone has retro fitted air assist and what comments or if there have been any changes to insurance costs.

PS; i am with Comfort ins

thanks
Phill

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
We had semi air fitted, told comfort and they were fine, no charge.
Not sure if they give same response to a diy fit.
Same with weight uprate, no charge

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We had semi air fitted, told comfort and they were fine, no charge.
Not sure if they give same response to a diy fit.
Same with weight uprate, no charge
I have had an mot last week and specifically asked for it to be checked and added to the invoice so maybe that will help.
Thanks for your reply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Done it on 2 past vans and advised insurance, no extra premium.
My understanding for the reason to notify them is : you have an accident, if the modification is notified and is damaged then it will get replaced / repaired.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Had it fitted about 18 months ago, informed the insurance company (Devitt) via the CMHC no extra premium.

Justyn HARRIS

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Luton UK and Barenton Normandy France
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
I would get written confirmation from your insurance company not your broker. That they WILL PAY OUT for your extra fitted and modified equipment.. I guarantee you will be dissatisfied with the reply. Also check the percentage off reimbursement if any.. just my thoughts as an ex Insurance loss adjuster..
What you think you might be covered for I guarantee your NOT!

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Have recently fitted rear air assist to our Ducato. I am about to tell the insurance company, i would be interested if anyone has retro fitted air assist and what comments or if there have been any changes to insurance costs.

PS; i am with Comfort ins

thanks
Phill
I informed Comfort 2 years ago. They made a note on my file, No change of premium.

Edit: should have read the last post from Phill D before I posted!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I would get written confirmation from your insurance company not your broker. That they WILL PAY OUT for your extra fitted and modified equipment.. I guarantee you will be dissatisfied with the reply. Also check the percentage off reimbursement if any.. just my thoughts as an ex Insurance loss adjuster..
What you think you might be covered for I guarantee your NOT!
That's a good point - when we bought our Carthago I insured for the full value plus the additional bits and bobs including rear semi-air, solar panels, alarm etc.

Whilst the insurance may make a note of stuff added after the policy has been taken out that's usually just so the owner can't be accused of modifying the vehicle without telling them and thus voiding the policy but it does NOT normally add the extra cover required for the cost of replacement of the new items.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weebill

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2014
aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2006
Advised Comfort when I had full air fitted. They issued new policy document increasing the sum insured by the cost of the installation at no extra charge

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back