Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Noob to MHs. Caravaned a lot.
Hi All, I’m considering a 2009 Advantage A7871-2 with the rear lounge. Wondered if anyone could share any reviews or experience with them? Positives, negatives,
MPG, GTW etc
Thanks ?

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Very nearly bought one but ended up buying Euramobil Activa 820HS instead.
It came down to the seller not budging £200 haha his loss. Plus, I asked him if he had experienced any issues with the clutch and he said no. I later read his Facebook page which said he’d broken down in Germany and it needed a new clutch. To me, that would have been a selling point that it had a new clutch fit but I didn’t like the fact that he’d not disclosed it and made me wonder what else wasn’t he telling me?

The A7871-2 sits very low chassis wise and I was concerned that I would bottom it especially on the ferry.
Having said that, I have bottomed mine on ferry but thankfully, the tow bar took the brunt and no damage was caused.

Mpg - expect to get anywhere between 15-22mpg depending on your driving conditions when loaded up.
I think it’s a 5000kg van but you may be able to uprate it to 5200kg depending on what tyres you have.
(5500kg with air suspension but that costs around £5k plus for that van).

They are well built vans.
Is it material seating or leather? - the leather is not leather and are like seat covers which is a bit poor.
The rear table in the U shaped rear lounge is height adjustable but I found that it did not raise high enough.
From memory, it drops down to form part of the bed.

They are good vans though.
I looked at the Bürstner Argos 747 & 748 but did want a rear lounge.
My Euramobil stole it for me though and personally, I’m glad I chose it.
Where is it advertised?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back