Adria Twin queries (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
new
I Have a brand new Adria Twin (Lucky me, although I cant use it) . .The dealer is on covid non-duty so cannot answer my questions. there is a panel in the floor between the fridge and the shower that has what looks like heating tubes and 2 lever valves, the book has no reference to them, I'm assuming the levers isolate the heater in some way. . any ideas?
Question 2: Concerning the solar panel, will this remain operative with the main control switch in the off position? ie will it still continue to charge the leisure battery?

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Question 1 - it's the truma boiler dump valve. Automatically dumps water from the boiler if it gets too cold, to protect it - if it does this you need to push the button in to reset. Or you can twist the valve on the top to dump the water yourself if you need to drain down.

Question 2 - yes, but it will be negligible at this time of year. I plug mine in now and again to make sure everything is properly charged.

Upvote 0

Thepiper58

Free Member
Jul 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
since 2017
I have also just picked up a new Twin and I am also confused by the 2 levers. They do appear in my instruction manual, but it indicates that the bigger of the lever would be fitted for UK models only. I dont quite understand how it all works, but the blue valve type setup has a button that pops out if its too cold and risk of frost damage, this then appears to drain the heating system. You can only press the button back in if the temp goes above 8 degrees (I think). On the top of that valve there is also a tap which I think can stop the water supply to the heater completely. Then, there is another pipe with a bigger valve switch on it (which seems to be the UK specific valve), when you open this it drains the hot water system too. What I dont understand it why there are 2 valves to drain? The one with the frost control should have been enough? When you manually release the button this drains the system too. So like you, I am confused by the 2 switches.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
I have also just picked up a new Twin and I am also confused by the 2 levers. They do appear in my instruction manual, but it indicates that the bigger of the lever would be fitted for UK models only. I dont quite understand how it all works, but the blue valve type setup has a button that pops out if its too cold and risk of frost damage, this then appears to drain the heating system. You can only press the button back in if the temp goes above 8 degrees (I think). On the top of that valve there is also a tap which I think can stop the water supply to the heater completely. Then, there is another pipe with a bigger valve switch on it (which seems to be the UK specific valve), when you open this it drains the hot water system too. What I dont understand it why there are 2 valves to drain? The one with the frost control should have been enough? When you manually release the button this drains the system too. So like you, I am confused by the 2 switches.
Doesn’t the other drain the cold water ?

Upvote 0

Thepiper58

Free Member
Jul 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
since 2017
I dont think so. The cold water drain is done from the top of the cold water tank at the back inside the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
Have you had a search on YouTube for any handover videos, I know a few dealers have/had them posted.

Upvote 0

Thepiper58

Free Member
Jul 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
since 2017
So does that mean when you open this tap next to the heater then all the cold water will drain out of the cold water tank as well. I don't really understand this and the manual is no help. Is there a separate cold water tank for the heater? If not, then why is there a separate drain?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back