Adding Lithium - Specific to Adria Moho only please (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Good morning, rather than go through lots of responses, I would like to keep this Adria specific.

Can anyone provide experience of cost either DIY or professional install of lithium leisure batteries and ease of installation on an Adria 670 - ours is an SLT but I assume the layout doesn't make a difference. Plenty of space for 1 or 2 batteries but cost WILL be a large consideration

The advice is generally to fit batteries of the same age at the same time, is that also true of lithium, as due to cost our budget might not go that far at the moment, so should we wait until it does? Ideally I would like 2 X 110 batteries (which is overkill for our current needs, but in the future ....???)

The other Adria related question is as to whether I would need to change the main electrical unit as it seems to only have settings for lead acid/AGM ?

Thanks in anticipation.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Just a thought, would there not be some commonality between Adria and other manufacturers when it comes to fitting lithium relative to base vehicle and hab electrical system (Schaudt EBL, CBE etc)?

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Just a thought, would there not be some commonality between Adria and other manufacturers when it comes to fitting lithium relative to base vehicle and hab electrical system (Schaudt EBL, CBE etc)?
i would imagine there is, and you are probably correct, but i have no idea which hab electrical systems other manufacturers fit, so i thought it might be easier to ask for specific manufacturer advice/information.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Good morning, rather than go through lots of responses, I would like to keep this Adria specific.

Can anyone provide experience of cost either DIY or professional install of lithium leisure batteries and ease of installation on an Adria 670 - ours is an SLT but I assume the layout doesn't make a difference. Plenty of space for 1 or 2 batteries but cost WILL be a large consideration

The advice is generally to fit batteries of the same age at the same time, is that also true of lithium, as due to cost our budget might not go that far at the moment, so should we wait until it does? Ideally I would like 2 X 110 batteries (which is overkill for our current needs, but in the future ....???)

The other Adria related question is as to whether I would need to change the main electrical unit as it seems to only have settings for lead acid/AGM ?

Thanks in anticipation.
Our 2020 Coral 670 SLT has four battery settings on the solar controller and mains battery charger. Are you sure you've only two battery type settings?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I envy you MisterB having enough space for two batteries in your Adria, my Matrix Supreme can only hold a single large battery in the box by the hab door, where do you intend to fit a second battery please?
I cannot help with your technical question other than using the Schoudt switch for gel / wet batteries. Which switch direction for lithium?

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Our 2020 Coral 670 SLT has four battery settings on the solar controller and mains battery charger. Are you sure you've only two battery type settings?
definitely a toggle switch underneath the unit, with only two settings

I envy you MisterB having enough space for two batteries in your Adria, my Matrix Supreme can only hold a single large battery in the box by the hab door, where do you intend to fit a second battery please?
I cannot help with your technical question other than using the Schoudt switch for gel / wet batteries. Which switch direction for lithium?
ii can fit them under the seat by the hab door by changing the orientation and position of the original battery. i think my seat may be bigger than yours which gives more space underneath

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
definitely a toggle swith underneath, with only two settings

ii can fit them under the seat by the hab door by changing the orientation and position of the original battery. i think my seat may ne bigger than yours which gives more space underneath
Sounds like you have the Nordelectrica 237 charging unit. Sorry I can't help as to what that charger would do with a Lithium set up. I think if you speak to Apuljack Engineering they may be able to advise whether it can be modified for a Lithium charging profile. Fitting a separate charging unit might be possible but not sure how that would work with the existing set up.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
The newer Matrix/Coral have a smaller box under the 5th seat. I recently read on a facebook group that someone with that model had been told they had an extra battery fitted . He couldn't find it so went to the dealer and they told him it was under the battery that you could see under the jump seat. For that to be possible there must be a compartment underneath that can house a battery. I was a bit sceptical about it but he seemed convinced it was there.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
definitely a toggle switch underneath the unit, with only two settings
Yes I remember that box from my previous Coral. Adria changed the box possibly in 2018 to one with the battery switches on the top which is a lot more practical.
If you're a member of our Adria Owners Club UK then you can join our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/488094671524673 and maybe get advice from our membership. It's £5 to join and then £15 a year. http://www.clubadria.co.uk/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Sounds like you have the Nordelectrica 237 charging unit. Sorry I can't help as to what that charger would do with a Lithium set up. I think if you speak to Apuljack Engineering they may be able to advise whether it can be modified for a Lithium charging profile. Fitting a separate charging unit might be possible but not sure how that would work with the existing set up.
yes, i have been to the van and checked. it is a NE 237
IMG_20220221_111614_930.jpg

Can this be used with lithium or will I need to make any changes/additions?

EDIT - just rang Paul at EcoTree who has been really helpful and advised that i can just use the Gel Setting and it will be fine for a Lithium battery !! So its a simple swap of two batteries for one !!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back