ACSI sites - can sites say No? (1 Viewer)

GrahamCardiff

Free Member
Jul 24, 2019
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
PVC Sunlight Cliff
Exp
Since 2018
Slightly baffled why at least two ACSI listed sites have refused to acknowledge my card and charged me full price - when the handbook clearly states a discount period.
Anyone else experienced this?
Thanks

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Do they have X amount of acsi pitches and the rest normal. I guess as long as they say before you pitch up and not when you’re leaving they can charge whatever. Annoying, but it’s their site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loveshack

Free Member
Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
I suspected that , and on some sites we found that the better sites, maybe overlooking a lake, or more accessible than others, or near the new facilities block were not ACSI pitches

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We often find its only certain pitches but have never been refused when site not full.

OP
OP
GrahamCardiff

GrahamCardiff

Free Member
Jul 24, 2019
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
PVC Sunlight Cliff
Exp
Since 2018
I suspected that , and on some sites we found that the better sites, maybe overlooking a lake, or more accessible than others, or near the new facilities block were not ACSI pitches
Yes, this one overlooks a lake - but definitely listed in the ACSI handbook

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have been told what pitches are acsi, the others you pay full price, :wink: so your choice is accept the cr#p pitches in our case, :whistle2:or do what we do and go somewhere else. :Eeek: Bob.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Only ever happened to us in Switzerland when all the ACSI pitches, which were definitely sub-standard, were full.

We have had sites in Portugal trying to tell us that there own discount schemes are better, and for some maybe but not us.

But if a site owner chooses not to honour the ACSI rate, well it's their decision, as long as they tell you when you arrive. But I would then be reporting that site immediately to ACSI, though I've no idea if it would be of any use!

Conversely we did go onto one site in Spain which wasn't in the ACSI book and we thought his signs were just the "ACSI Inspected", not for the discount. Turned out they did in fact offer Acsi rates and were very keen for us to have them!

Deleted User
Yes especially in the UK, happened to me.

Deleted User
Playa Tropicana in Alcossebre has colour coded pitches of various sizes and service levels and of course prices, only the basic pitches are available through the ACSI discount scheme although I think an upgrade is available at a price which is less than the normal rate.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We are currently at Torre la sal 2 near benicassim and have been told our mh is too large for their ACSI pitches. The one we are on, with own water is only €1 more than the ACSI rate.Might be important if we were staying for more than a night though.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Stayed at one in Switzerland last week who didn't honour the ACSI rate. After 6.1/2 years motorhoming and staying on 100s of sites, this one has been the most expensive of any.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We’ve been on sites that have a few dedicated pitches, usually small and tucked away somewhere but in winter we stay put for longer on favourite sites and book ahead so get better rates than ACSI.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back