A new Microsoft update (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
My Windows 10 was updated today, a major improvement as it now links my PC to almost anything.
However, like several earlier updates, it takes most of the day to download and then succeeds in adding several seconds to every click of my mouse.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Since I did mine it's very slow to boot up .will get my son to look at it when he gets back from the Arctic circle next week lol.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
It's getting to be a pain in the ar.. err rear for me.

Every update brings a new problem, mainly apps not working as they should, they've already rendered my W10 phone unreliable, I've changed to an Android item, so much better.

I stick with a Windows laptop purely for the convenience of using Garmin's excellent Mapsource..

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Perhaps Microsoft are trying to migrate all their user over to Apple.

Not a fan of Win 10 when it is working, nothing seems intuitive any more.

All I can say is the are doing a great job if that is the plan.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
It's buggered my Netbook and knackered my desktop, the netbook lost it at 45% and now constantly reboots while saying it's trying to recover the upgrade then saying it's trying to recover my original version and my desktop has loaded the upgrade but the HDD is constantly banging away like an old car running on 2 cylinders, had to switch it off in the end.

Thank God for Android and the Mac.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
After the update I thought Win 10 was OK though some stuff seems to have changed. Then the laptop forgot its IP address or could not get one from my ISP and the ethernet link stopped. Win 10 can't fix this error automatically so it was back to the old laptop running XP to get online and find out what to do. I don't know if this is just a Win 10 bug or coincidence that it happened after the update.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I think Microsoft have lost the plot... typical faceless company trying to 'improve' things that don't need it.

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
My latest laptop an ASUS with WIN 10 is by far THE worst one I've had ever. I'm not sure if its WIN 10 or the laptop itself, the touch pad has a mind of its own, and seems very slow to respond when clicking on pages etc.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I kept my old PC on Windows 8.1 in protest at Microsoft's creeping fascism upgrade reminders popping up all the time, but my wife's newer laptop is on Windows 10. We've had endless bother with the broadband jamming up when her laptop repeatedly tried and failed to update the OS automatically. The problem for us was the Update Assistant software (Shortcut on the Desktop) wasn't doing the job. In the end, after doing some web searching on the error messages, I used a direct link on Microsoft's website and left it running for the best part of a day. That did it, but my God what a faff. TomTom map updates seem lightning fast by comparison.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I bought a new Windows 10 computer last year, had nothing but trouble with it even Microsoft engineers couldn’t get it to work live.com emails. Bought an iMac and haven’t looked back since. Support if you need it is virtually instant and their people are first rate.

My neighbour bought a 10 laptop, against my advice, and I am always having to help sort out problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back