Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Even though I've been hardcore motorhoming for over 30 years. It's still nice to get firsts. First time here, the first time there, the first time we did this etc. Today we had another first. The first time we have ever done a drive-through McDonald's in a motorhome. It was tight in width and height, but Katie got her chicken nuggets. :D

Any firsts recently?

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
What dip(s) did Katie get / prefer with the nuggets? Granddaughter no 2 likes the sweet and sour, and the sweet curry and of course the tomato for the fries. Get your money out granddad and LOOK happy.šŸ˜†

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
After 35 years of buying German made vehicles - including two Hymers, an SL500, a 911 and a E350 - I bought a Japanese car: a Mazda CX-5 AWD 175 Sport Nav to tow our Fleetwood. Half the price, superbly equipped and lots of fun!

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I can do the drive through Macdonalds okay but just canā€™t do the Costa coffee ones as the height barrier is 2.5m
Thereā€™s a drive through Costa in Reading services but because of the height barrier we couldnā€™t go through. So we parked nearby and hubby walked over to get a coffee. The 12yr old behind the counter wouldnā€™t sell him one because he wasnā€™t in a vehicle!

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
First time ever I got back from a holiday abroad today and have just jumped in my van 2 hours after landing and shot off no supplies, I missed it a bit lol...just water and solar...1st stop new Brighton...sleep off the jet lag then decide from there

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
First time back to Hayling Island in 55 years, wont leave it that long for the next visit ;-) we found it a delightful place to explore.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I never did get around to driving a horse & cart through a McDonalds drive through........wanted to but never lived or kept horses close enough to one.:frowny:

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
This one for the wife - we were living in Kent and bought our Dethleffs from near York. Wife drove all the way back, on her own, with me following. First time in a 7.5m and a LHD to boot!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not done it yet but need to have a drive of Johnā€™s T-Cross automatic. Heā€™s had it over a yearšŸ¤£ shows we havenā€™t been out drinking with friends for a very long time, mine is a 2 seater and John is usually the passenger after a night out. Can still see his face as he realised he would need to drive when we took friends to a bring your own booze gig. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Maybe tomorrow

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
A quick burst of The Jam on the wireless.
Seeing the word ā€œwirelessā€ I relate a true story from a friend who works for Currys PC world. Elderly gent comes into the store and youngish assistant ask if they can help so the man says ā€œI want a wirelessā€ so the assistant then takes him over to the internet part of the store with routers , etc. and proceeds to extol the virtues of them all. At which point my friend gets involved who says to the assistant that the gentleman wants a radio. The assistant says in response that that is not what the man asked for!
These days words some of us took for granted now have different meanings from originally. So be careful if you go into the Sutton Coldfield Currys PC World as you may come out with a piece of kit that you did not ask for!

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Seeing the word ā€œwirelessā€ I relate a true story from a friend who works for Currys PC world. Elderly gent comes into the store and youngish assistant ask if they can help so the man says ā€œI want a wirelessā€ so the assistant then takes him over to the internet part of the store with routers , etc. and proceeds to extol the virtues of them all. At which point my friend gets involved who says to the assistant that the gentleman wants a radio. The assistant says in response that that is not what the man asked for!
These days words some of us took for granted now have different meanings from originally. So be careful if you go into the Sutton Coldfield Currys PC World as you may come out with a piece of kit that you did not ask for!
My older brother always smiles at me when I say wireless, he says, "there's only you, and Warmsley (his mate) that still call them a wireless"... If it was good enough for dad...

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Thereā€™s a drive through Costa in Reading services but because of the height barrier we couldnā€™t go through. So we parked nearby and hubby walked over to get a coffee. The 12yr old behind the counter wouldnā€™t sell him one because he wasnā€™t in a vehicle!
There was a YouTube vid recently where a guy walked through in a fancy dress cardboard box painted like a car to get round the rule.... šŸ˜…

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Even though I've been hardcore motorhoming for over 30 years. It's still nice to get firsts. First time here, the first time there, the first time we did this etc. Today we had another first. The first time we have ever done a drive-through McDonald's in a motorhome. It was tight in width and height, but Katie got her chicken nuggets. :D

Any firsts recently?
I did one coming back from the Thetford bash very nerve-racking watching top corners

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back