A Lesson Learned (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
tribute T615
Exp
Since late 2015
Renewed my insurance a few months ago - a straight renewal with the existing insurer with no changes. New Insurance Certificate printed of and filed away. Job Done.

Then two weeks ago I received a letter from Nottinghamshire Constabulary advising that my vehicle had been noted on the A1 (presumably by an ANPR camera) and was not showing up on the MIB database as being insured. Checked that I had renewed and that the premium had been charged to my credit card and prepared to do battle with the insurer. In the course of our preliminary exchange, they checked the vehicle details and quoted a registration number with one letter different from the actual registration - an 'O' had been replaced by a 'D'.

They muttered something about 'having had 'O' originally and changed the paperwork at no cost which makes me suspect that they realised the error was on their part but did remind me that we are advised to check our documentation when we receive it. How many of actually do so, particularly when there is no change to the policy?

Fortunately, the Police were just advising motorists of their lack of insurance rather that issuing proceedings so no harm was done but there is a lesson here - check your documents.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Reminds me of when I changed the Reg. on our van to a Cherished number.
"That'll be £25 Sir" (Admin charge)

On receiving my new shiny Certificate, I noticed that they had got the numbers wrong.

They thought it funny when I asked for £25 from them to defray my costs in pointing out THEIR mistake.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back