A good haul........ (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Just some of the goodies from our garden.........and not one single pesticide was used. :giggle:

20210930_175358.jpg
IMG-20210928-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20201007-WA0001.jpg
20211004_184446.jpg

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I will be honest I popped in here as I thought you might have had a great craft purchase haul from a charity shop visit and were sharing your stash photos ::bigsmile:

I do think it’s a great bit of gardening work (y)

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I will be honest I popped in here as I thought you might have had a great craft purchase haul from a charity shop visit and were sharing your stash photos ::bigsmile:

I do think it’s a great bit of gardening work (y)
I had to laugh, you are funny.
Which crafty creations are you making at the moment?

Thank you, poor Robert hasn't seen the logan berries because I eat them when I'm picking the runner beans as they are side by side, hence no photo of them.🤫
My excuse is that I was brought up with a big garden full of fruit we could eat as we played.
That's also why I'm not as keen on the fruit and veg in the shops, we were spoiled as it was either in season or stored in some way and Dad didn't use nasty sprays either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
had to laugh, you are funny.
Which crafty creations are you making at the moment?
Ah thank you 😊 I have plans for some sewing as we have just got back from a trip away in the van. I have got a card making course booked for later this month.

Well your garden output look lovely, your childhood memories of family gardening also sound brilliant. I like a bit of pickling myself !!

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
You live in Ayrshire and that's the best you can do on the tattie front? They'd hardly pass the riddle.....why, when I was a laddie, working in the howker squads, it took two hands to pick up one tattie in Ayrshire.....the fact that I stood on and reburried the rest of the shaw, is nether here nor there (although the farmer was mystified as to the crop failure in parts of his field).😆

And as for they other red things, they came from Lanarkshire or ( whisper ) Clyde Valley (for the nobs) and were labelled "Scotch",. As for those green peppery looking objects they were reputed to come from Mexico, or Tarbolton as it was locally known and not because of the sun, sea or sand (with apologies to funsters from Tarbolton.... you snowflakes).

Ps Mr and Mrs AK.......Nice job. Growing your own stuff is a privilege not to be downplayed or disparaged, so enjoy.

PPs...you'll note that I failed to mention the beans......too many childhood memories of ghastly culinary mouthfuls 🤮. I'll leave it there.

PPPs I'm from Wigtownshire so I get a free pass at slagging Ayshire types and besides, our tatties are delicate, tasty and first to market, so there.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
You live in Ayrshire and that's the best you can do on the tattie front? They'd hardly pass the riddle.....why, when I was a laddie, working in the howker squads, it took two hands to pick up one tattie in Ayrshire.....the fact that I stood on and reburried the rest of the shaw, is nether here nor there (although the farmer was mystified as to the crop failure in parts of his field).😆

And as for they other red things, they came from Lanarkshire or ( whisper ) Clyde Valley (for the nobs) and were labelled "Scotch",. As for those green peppery looking objects they were reputed to come from Mexico, or Tarbolton as it was locally known and not because of the sun, sea or sand (with apologies to funsters from Tarbolton.... you snowflakes).

Ps Mr and Mrs AK.......Nice job. Growing your own stuff is a privilege not to be downplayed or disparaged, so enjoy.

PPs...you'll note that I failed to mention the beans......too many childhood memories of ghastly culinary mouthfuls 🤮. I'll leave it there.

PPPs I'm from Wigtownshire so I get a free pass at slagging Ayshire types and besides, our tatties are delicate, tasty and first to market, so there.
Oi you, there's nothing wrong with those spuds..... :giggle: I still have some out there, but these have been nice lifted while they are still thin skinned, cleaned, cooked and roasted or mashed with the skins still on them.

I hear they eat their babies is Tarbolton.::bigsmile: Not sure if they boil or BBQ.:unsure: Only kidding.

Mr.AK only does the eating bit.;)

Oh that's a shame about the beans, I don't like them from the shops at all, they are left to get large and stringy.
These are so nice, I even managed to find a shredder just like the one I used when I was a child.

Somebody has to come from Wiggy, never mind.
I'm not from Ayrshire, but I'll introduce you to MrAK who is, you would both just have a laugh and I could take the proverbial out of both of you. ;)

Our tatties come out of the garden and into the pot before they can blink, beat that.:giggle:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
My spuds were tiny but they were only from sprouted ‘salad’ potatoes my beetroot was a massive Siamese sextuplet

Attachments

• 50E9C2CF-9469-4182-BA6A-47D8C0308359.jpeg
    50E9C2CF-9469-4182-BA6A-47D8C0308359.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
My spuds were tiny but they were only from sprouted ‘salad’ potatoes my beetroot was a massive Siamese sextuplet
I hope you had enough of those spuds to make a meal.
That beetroot is a monster, I don't like them, but I may try growing some because Robert does.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
I hope you had enough of those spuds to make a meal.
That beetroot is a monster, I don't like them, but I may try growing some because Robert does.
yes had a few bigger ones, didn’t thin the beetroot out well enough will know better next time. Love them roasted and on a salad but not keen on vinegar mum made great beetroot chutney wish she had left her recipe.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
yes had a few bigger ones, didn’t thin the beetroot out well enough will know better next time. Love them roasted and on a salad but not keen on vinegar mum made great beetroot chutney wish she had left her recipe.
Robert hates vinegar so that is a no, no here.
That is a great shame you don't have that recipe, could you experiment.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Robert hates vinegar so that is a no, no here.
That is a great shame you don't have that recipe, could you experiment.
Sarson's Malt Vinegar poured onto searing hot Chips [with Fried Egg] is to die for! [the cholesterol will take care of the act itself ...] (y) :LOL:

Steve

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Will grow more next year and give it a try, think she may have used a recipe from the Scottish rural cookbook, have one somewhere but it is not as old as mums was,💡wonderif my sister has it secreted away with all the other stuff she doesn’t have 😂

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We have been surprised by the amount of tomatoes we have had this year. Managements friend gave her a couple of plants grown from seed. Compared to the bought plants from the garden centre they have gone mad.
The only thing now is using them before they go off. There are only two of us here now.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Any pic with meat in it?
I should have taken a photo of our roast dinner on Sunday for you.
Slow roasted lamb, roast potatoes, runner beans & Yorkshire pudding........you will have to use your imagination i'm afraid. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back