A frame supplier any recomendations ? (1 Viewer)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
:rofl::rofl::rofl::doh:

Not allowed to correct spelling due to forum rules. However it may help you in google searches if you search for grommet not gromett :whistle:

I deliberately mispelled my nick name over a decade ago to prevent conflicts (y)

thanks for the consideration though :rofl:
Oops! I used your name to correct my spelling, assuming you were right and Amazon was wrong! Now corrected thank you

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
It seems that towingaframes at chesterfirld has gone into liquidation does anyone know where I can get their system refitted on to a fiat 500 as seems a good system ?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
It seems that towingaframes at chesterfirld has gone into liquidation does anyone know where I can get their system refitted on to a fiat 500 as seems a good system ?
I didn’t know they had gone out of business.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
There email is not active but TAF chesterfield is operating and think it’s the same people running it.

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Towbars 2 Towcars. Brilliant system but expensive if you change car and want to swap parts. Charged me £800 last year fo less than 5 hours work. Will not use them again as I hope not to change this toad

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We have a tow bars to tow cars frame as it was on the car we bought but to be honest not the best bit of kit available the electronics although adequate are a bit Heath Robinson more on the DIY side but has worked up to now.
What was heath Robinson about it? I’m considering one. Used to have a unibrake system which was good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
What was heath Robinson about it? I’m considering one. Used to have a unibrake system which was good
When you look at the small box of electronics (very small) that is mounted on the battery open to the elements it would not take a lot of bad weather to cause water damage/corrosion.
I will try to take a picture in the morning to show what I mean.

As for the frame and fixings much lighter than most overrun types.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
When you look at the small box of electronics (very small) that is mounted on the battery open to the elements it would not take a lot of bad weather to cause water damage/corrosion.
I will try to take a picture in the morning to show what I mean.

As for the frame and fixings much lighter than most overrun types.
Yes please. The unibrake system was a very neat fixture with everything under the drivers seat plus a few bits and pieces

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back