A few questions for a new Motorhome (1 Viewer)

nibor

Free Member
Apr 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Lyseo TD Harmony Lin
Hi we are due to get a new motorhome harmony 745 and wanted to get a few things in advance so have a few questions if anyone can help

1. The diameter of the grey water outlet so we can get a hose
2. What fresh water adapters do we need for most sites
3. do all sites have the 16amp power supply (Blue connector) or do some used outdoor 13amp outlets
4. finally and sorry for the questions what essential accessories would you get for a first time trip (outside of water & power)

Many thanks in advance

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Hi. We too have a 745.
I’ll measure the outlet for you.
No need for adaptors at the van as you fill the tank through a cap on the water tank. Usually the taps are normal domestic screw fittings but do carry a few adaptors just in case.
Most sites are 16a but some restrict to a lower amperage. Site booking info should tell you. I have never seen a 13a plug on a site. The blue connector is the one to use. You may need a 13a to blue adaptor for home. Also, a continental two pin one for Europe. Most caravan shops sell all the stuff you need.

Don’t have a tape with us but I think we use 23.5mm flexible pipe for the waste water. We wrap a few turns of duct tape around the end to make it a snug fit up the waste outlet. I think the outlet is a 32mm domestic solvent waste outlet.

Levelling ramps.
Camping chairs and table.
External screen cover for colder nights.
A couple of f type to coax plug converters for the external tv point and the internal tv point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nibor

Free Member
Apr 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Lyseo TD Harmony Lin
Thank you David and for the fast response anything specific to the 745 we should look out for when we pick up, hopefully next week. Or anything you have added you would recommend. We have had boats but this we are finding out is quite different.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Thank you David and for the fast response anything specific to the 745 we should look out for when we pick up, hopefully next week. Or anything you have added you would recommend. We have had boats but this we are finding out is quite different.
We had to get the tv connected to our system. There is an external tv input but it was not connected to anything inside. There are three wires behind the wardrobe that connect to the internal tv point, the external tv point or a roof aerial. They need configuring. Discuss this with dealer.

On ours there is only one 240v socket above the galley so we use an extension flex with four sockets to get power to the table area. There is a socket in the washroom under the shelf.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back