Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
Hi folks,

Anyone done such a think on a Burstner A class?

Last year I replaced the head unit and the front speakers (which are located in the over cab bed frame).

I have looked at the Alpine upgrade units, but I do not believe they will fit as they need a dash profile (and tweeters) that we don’t have. https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/SingleView/spc-r100-du

This is the top of our dash:

CF2C6539-8B65-4FAA-9054-A03541A6DCEA.jpeg

OP
OP
R32Paul
Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
Hi folks,

Anyone done such a think on a Burstner A class?

Last year I replaced the head unit and the front speakers (which are located in the over cab bed frame).

I have looked at the Alpine upgrade units, but I do not believe they will fit as they need a dash profile (and tweeters) that we don’t have. https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/SingleView/spc-r100-du

This is the top of our dash:

View attachment 721023
Just started looking again. Found my own post and zero responses…..

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Interested in this subject but just to be clear, do you mean you don't have a Fiat chassis and Alpine don't do a speaker mount to suit the profile of your dash?

I have so without wanted to hijack the thread, interested to see if anyone has fitted the Alpine units and what sort of improvement there was.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R32Paul
Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
I fitted 2 x Focal 4” speakers in the existing mounts above the cab (in the bed base). Now looking at replacing the other two original speakers in the seating area with the same type. And adding a sub. Only for travelling and not for pissing off the locals when we stop.

I looked at the Alpine direct kits, but wasn‘t clear on the fit as there is an extension in front of the Ducato to cover the engine bay.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I agree, it looks like your A-class dash cowl will interfere with the fitment of those Alpine speakers.

As you probably know, a Ducato normally has a pair of 5.25" woofers in the doors and a pair of tweeters in the a-pillars. But neither of those locations are left as standard in an A-class, so it's up to the converter to fit whatever they want.

Mine is right hand drive, but the cab door is on the left. So I've got a reasonably large cavity next to the hand brake that I was thinking about using for a subwoofer. I've not got a clue about the acoustics though.

OP
OP
R32Paul
Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
Ours is one of the last driver door a class. One of the reasons we stuck with the year. I’ll do some further research re. Sub woofers and report back. I like my music and Hifi, so I want to improve the van.

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Out of interest what is your radio reception like both fm and dab. We have the sonic a class and I believe a windscreen mounted aerial . Standard fiat stereo but the reception is worse than rubbish.

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
We had an audio update when we had our surround camera system fitted at Motorhome Retrofits, who I heartily recommend, and we are very pleased with it.

The installation included a sound processor, subwoofer under the passenger seat, new mid range speakers and tweeters placed on top of the dash along with a suppressor for the already fitted centre speaker.

Chatting with the installation team was interesting in that they said the most important part of the installation is sound deadening material they used in the cavaties.

The difference from before/after is night and day. We went from unlistenable experience to one where we both can enjoy whatever we are listening to. It’s also enhanced our TV listening when not travelling. 👍🏻

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
We had an audio update when we had our surround camera system fitted at Motorhome Retrofits, who I heartily recommend, and we are very pleased with it.

The installation included a sound processor, subwoofer under the passenger seat, new mid range speakers and tweeters placed on top of the dash along with a suppressor for the already fitted centre speaker.

Chatting with the installation team was interesting in that they said the most important part of the installation is sound deadening material they used in the cavaties.

The difference from before/after is night and day. We went from unlistenable experience to one where we both can enjoy whatever we are listening to. It’s also enhanced our TV listening when not travelling. 👍🏻
I've seen a few MR vlogs.They do seem to make a lot of care and pride in their work

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning

The difference from before/after is night and day. We went from unlistenable experience to one where we both can enjoy whatever we are listening to. It’s also enhanced our TV listening when not travelling.

The difference from before/after is night and day. We went from unlistenable experience to one where we both can enjoy whatever we are listening to. It’s also enhanced our TV listening when not

I've seen a few MR vlogs.They do seem to make a lot of care and pride in their work
Ours is the ‘Humongous HYMER’ if you’ve seen that one.👍🏻

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back