60% off high quality 150W portable solar panel this bank holiday weekend (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Hi all, if you’re looking for a portable solar panel please read on.

I was trying to buy this foldable solar panel from my local camping shop but it was out of stock due to the model being discontinued to be replaced by a new model which won’t arrive before July. The retail price is normally £449.99. It’s on sale at £179.99 with code”SPRING10” this BH weekend. If the link doesn’t work, just go to www.total-fishing-tackle.com and put “Powapacs” in the search bar. Not all solar panels are equal. This is a mono-crystalline PERC (back-contact) panel which still produces some yield when partially shaded.

Powapacs https://www.powapacs.co.uk/ may not be a brand you’ll have heard off as they don’t seek promotion by giving away stuff to so called youtube influencers in return for exposure. The Company was started by an ex-military, based on Salisbury Plain and is a supplier to the Government, MoD, NHS, Police Forces and humanitarian organisations, to name a few.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Questions. Do they need a controller before connection to a battery?
Can you connect to a leisure battery that already has a solar supply from the panel on a Moho roof?

Seen some portable panels at Swaffham rally so set me thinking.

Thanks

Thanks

OP
OP
beachwomble
May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Defo needs a solar regulator. I’m having a Victron Energy MPPT 75/15 fitted with a new 150ah lithium battery. If you still have a PWM regulator, I suggest you have it changed for a much more efficient MPPT. Sorry, I’m not technically minded enough to advise you on the rest of your question.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I paid £124.99 for a set of 200watt folding solar panels on an Amazon offer.
The panels do not have a built-in solar charge controller which is a good point for my as connect them to a Victron 75/15 MPPT.

1716658294591.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back