2022 Caravan and Motorhome Show cancelled (1 Viewer)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Just received a note to advise the Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show scheduled for January 2022 is cancelled. The organisers say because of supply shortages they can't get suitable stocks to put on an event that matches there brand values.

I wonder if the big NEC show in February will still go ahead? :unsure:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email_header_banner__600_x_150_px___2_.png

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the Caravan & Motorhome Show, due to take place between 13-16 January 2022 at EventCity Manchester, has been postponed until 2023.

As always, our mission was to create an event that showcased the widest possible selection of 2022 leisure vehicles, camping equipment and accessories to the thousands of outdoor enthusiasts who come to the show from across the north of England.

Unfortunately, due to industry supply chain issues, it will be a challenge to deliver a visitor experience which truly aligns with our brand values and meets your expectations.

We look forward to returning with a bang in 2023!

Best wishes
The Caravan & Motorhome Show Team
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Wannabee

Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
30 years on boats now MH now a chugger
Shame, the opportunity to look at new layouts and technology that might tempt us, will only be realised by wetting our appetites and raising awareness at the shows and through effective marketing. I see no reason to change, and availability is a problem as we know.

Having come off boats, many of our buying decisions have been informed at the shows by the opportunity to see competing products in one arena back to back whilst fresh in our minds.

Last edited:

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
I think some dealers are questioning the need to attend any shows - they tie up staff and vans for obviously longer than the show. From a cost perspective if their sales are buoyant why go?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
I’ve had notifications from a couple of sources saying the Birmingham show is on. C&C Club, and NEC directly (on their mailing list).

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
"We look forward to returning with a bang in 2023!

Best wishes
The Caravan & Motorhome Show Team"

Not the wisest or most sensitive turn of phrase given the recent terrorist bomb attack in Liverpool, or the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back