2020 Fiat Ducato - How good is the Immobiliser? (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2020
Germany
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free 600 C
Exp
Newb to #Camperlife
Hi All

We have a 2020 Hymer Free 600 Campus on a Fiat Ducato 2.3 ltr Euro 6 Chassis.

My wife worries about theft and so we've invested in items such as PrickStop / Security Chains for passenger & Side door etc from Womo-Sicherheit.de

My question is how good is the Fitted Immobiliser and should we be investing our money in a better system?

Thank you for any information.

OP
OP
Ginger.Tog
Dec 8, 2020
Germany
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free 600 C
Exp
Newb to #Camperlife
After Southdown Motorhome had one stolen off their pitch I suspect that you should invest in an addition anti theft. :Eeek:

Now I'm worried, although I think our current location is pretty safe.

I doubt that those crims would go all the way to Germany.

Maybe not, but we will be heading to the UK in the not too distant future.

Found this nearly new 2020 van on a well known salvage site, under "Stolen, Recovered"
Quite worrying really, only 412 miles on it, with the new engine also.
LES
Ouch, unable to return to the original owner? Not sure how these salvage companies work.

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
Hi All

My wife worries about theft and so we've invested in items such as PrickStop / Security Chains for passenger & Side door etc from Womo-Sicherheit.de

My question is how good is the Fitted Immobiliser and should we be investing our money in a better system?

Sounds more like a contraceptive/bondage solution

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi All

I believe that this comes with German instruction for German thieves who wish to drive vehicles away but do not have the owners keys!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Bonus! - Ducato not on the list so we're safe :p
Despite the fact that you can simply Goole and buy these things, some of the old girls ;) on some forums get all het up about posting such information, so I am careful which one I post!

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

OP
OP
Ginger.Tog
Dec 8, 2020
Germany
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free 600 C
Exp
Newb to #Camperlife
Despite the fact that you can simply Goole and buy these things, some of the old girls ;) on some forums get all het up about posting such information, so I am careful which one I post!

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

I'll not pass on this information to the other half! :oops:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi All

Best advice is to get yourselves down to Vanbitz in Taunton (need to book well in advance) when you visit UK. Get a growler alarm and non starter fitted...... it will go nowhere with the non starter fitted. Don't forget the Funster discount........ It is a great system. eddievanbitz

OP
OP
Ginger.Tog
Dec 8, 2020
Germany
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free 600 C
Exp
Newb to #Camperlife
Best advice is to get yourselves down to Vanbitz in Taunton (need to book well in advance) when you visit UK. Get a growler alarm and non starter fitted...... it will go nowhere with the non starter fitted. Don't forget the Funster discount........ It is a great system. eddievanbitz
Thank you for the info.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back