JWW

Free Member
Jan 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
2016 Exsis T-588
Exp
Since 2007
I’m in the process of buying a 2016 Hymer EXSIS T-588 with single beds, joined at the top. Is it possible for this model to fit the middle section of the bed to make it into a very large double. If is possible where can the middle extension by sourced?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
Mine came with the middle wooden support board and cushion. I suggest you contact a Hymer dealer (I’m sure it won’t be cheap).

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
We have a T678cl with the same rear beds. To keep the mattresses in place, Hymer fitted two full length batterns. This makes it really uncomfortable getting from one side of the bed to another and impossible to sleep width ways.

Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
We have a T678cl with the same rear beds. To keep the mattresses in place, Hymer fitted two full length batterns. This makes it really uncomfortable getting from one side of the bed to another and impossible to sleep width ways.
That is different experience to our Exsis-t. Maybe the batterns in ours are lower and/or the mattress thicker so we don’t notice.

I’ll post some pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
You can tell how long it’s been since I put the middle section in as I’d forgotten how it works!

There is a cupboard under the middle section of the bed. You open the cupboard door and pull out a shelf. There is an extra bit of wood in the mini wardrobe. You insert this across the bottom of the shelf you just pulled out.

I put Velcro on the board and on the bottom of the cushion so it doesn’t disappear in the night!

Looking at it, I’m not sure it would be available as something you could buy afterwards as the cupboard is build into the bed.

IMG_3541.jpeg IMG_3542.jpeg IMG_3543.jpeg IMG_3544.jpeg IMG_3545.jpeg IMG_3546.jpeg IMG_3548.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
A cheaper option would probably be to source your own bit of ply. You might even be able to make it lighter with suitable strengthening of any ply panel. An infill cushion can easily be fabricated.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I have a 2018 MLT 570 with what looks like an identical twin bed rear design.

In the larger wardrobe under the right side bed there are two panels attached to the wall by straps.
You simply put them in place with the cushion provided and you have a very large (king size) double bed.
You can then sleep horizontally or laterally.

If the panels and cushions are missing, then rather than pay Hymer hundreds (and wait 2 months) I'd suggest it's worth finding anyone with a twin bedded Hymer (as they all seem to be the same design 2015-2023) and get a local chippy to make a copy of the panels. The two matrass cushion can be provided by one of the interior fit out companies (Again they will need a template)

You will also need a ladder. I'd suggest IKEA (or the local chippy)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back