2001 Mercedes’ B680 waste tank (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Morning peeps
Can anyone tell me if the waste tank underneath is single skinned or double skinned ?, the sensor is “furbar” (fu**ed up beyond any repair) I have new type sensors, but I need to drill holes in the tank to install them (5 of) as I can’t the answer anywhere, TIA

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sorry Don’t know if it’s single or double but drilling 5 holes in the tank doesn’t sound good to me - asking for trouble😳

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
It will have a double skin with air from the heater circulating in the gap to prevent freezing. Never tried to access mine as so far the sensors have worked fine,, fingers crossed. The 680 is I presume based on a Merc chassis and if so , like mine access from above may not be easy. There is a hatch accessible from below I think, for cleaning.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
It will have a double skin with air from the heater circulating in the gap to prevent freezing. Never tried to access mine as so far the sensors have worked fine,, fingers crossed. The 680 is I presume based on a Merc chassis and if so , like mine access from above may not be easy. There is a hatch accessible from below I think, for cleaning.
It is the Mercedes’, so I assume a Mercedes chassis.
The proposed new sensor's are 9mm and have bolts with rubber squeegee type seals, so in a single skinned tank perfection could be achieved, I think ?
I’ve already changed the fresh water tank sensor and that is now perfect mt,1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full. If I could find where the wast tank sensor is I’d change it I know where the tank inspection plate is, but taking that off still don’t give a clue as to where the sensor is to found. I’ve flushed the tank out a few times, but think the “crud” that is in the tank from the previous owner is getting caught across the close knit probes and shorting them out. TIA

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back