2001 Hobby 750 injector warning light help. (1 Viewer)

Mr Wilkes

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
hobby 750
Exp
Hi peeps, looking for help on causes of the red injector warning light coming on, van is running fine but would like to get rid of it.
Engine is the Fiat 2.8 Ducato.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Depends on what's causing it, but I think there's a fix employing a slightly longer wiring loom for the injectors for one problem and another common problem seems to be the dash unit itself which can be repaired successfully by Cartronix. Sorry I can't be more helpful but it will bump your post back up.

OP
OP
Mr Wilkes

Mr Wilkes

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
hobby 750
Exp
Thanks for the reply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
Had same problem on our last motorhome with 2.8 after driving in portugals bumpy roads. On the way home in france it started missing on injector no 4 as jockneezer said it was the wiring loom. The light was first then about 1000 miles later the injector.

OP
OP
Mr Wilkes

Mr Wilkes

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
hobby 750
Exp
Thanks for your help, will have a look at the loom and see if I can get a part number.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for your help, will have a look at the loom and see if I can get a part number.
My E510 has the sameproblem and it is going into S&S Diesel Services tomorrow to find out what is causing the problem. Iwill report back.
John

OP
OP
Mr Wilkes

Mr Wilkes

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
hobby 750
Exp
Good to hear, i'm looking for a wiring kit on ebay.

OP
OP
Mr Wilkes

Mr Wilkes

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
hobby 750
Exp
Wow, that's good mileage, mine has 44000 so should have plenty of life left in it.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks John.

The report from the garage is not good. The engine is not common rail or conventional injection: it is in between, an EDC type - Electronic Diesel Control- and apparently diagnosis is not easy as there is an occasional misfire at medium revs. The previous owner tells me that it has been like that for over five years with no breakdowns!
They reckon it's 99% the Throttle Valve Actuator, and it will be expensive as the pump has to come out through a letter box!
I await further communication with baited breath...
John

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
That's a bit of a conundrum then John ? I'm not at all familiar with Fiats but I would have though a mid range misfire might have been down to a sensor (crankshaft ?) problem and why does the pump have to come out if its the TVA that they think is faulty ?

OP
OP
Mr Wilkes

Mr Wilkes

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
hobby 750
Exp
Good luck with the repair John, keep me updated on the result please. I'm trying to get my hands on a code reader for the Fiat ECU, think I have got the three pin adaptor lead sorted, just waiting for the father in law to put his hands on his code reader so I can hopefully shead a bit more light on my fault.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
That's a bit of a conundrum then John ? I'm not at all familiar with Fiats but I would have though a mid range misfire might have been down to a sensor (crankshaft ?) problem and why does the pump have to come out if its the TVA that they think is faulty ?

I put that to the man at S&S Diesel Services -who come highly recommended- and as he knows I understand IC engines I received a detailed analysis of the problem. When he got to stepper motors and feedback loops my eyes started to glaze over.
In summary, it is attached to the pump, and it could be replaced in situ, but he maintained that too much 'pot luck' would be involved in setting and adjusting, so I'll leave it to the experts. It's only pocket money after all!:crying1:

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Just got a call from the experts. No fault found in pump or throttle valve actuator. All in perfect nick.
As Spike Milligan used to say, "What are we gonna do now?".

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Ours went into limp mode with injector loom problems, designed to short by fiat but never a recall, known falt
The Peugeots are the same. Been going on for over 20 years & as you say should have been a recall & manufacturers to pay.
Once you know how & what the problem is you can often just lengthen the wires to no;4 as that is basically all they do BUT they aren't 'allowed' to do one they have to fit a new short loom to all 4.

OP
OP
Mr Wilkes

Mr Wilkes

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
hobby 750
Exp
Hi, does anyone have a link to a list of faults for the injector warning light?, from what I can gather it covers more than just one fault.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back