Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
Van is Sgx with 180hp auto, mileage just above 2k, less than 2 months old.

Driving home and the engine warning light came on ( Amber), dashboard message said check engine and stop / start unavailable.
No loss of power etc, everything normal apart from the warning light and message.
Called Fiat Pro garage and booked in .
The garage informed me that a sensor related to the Ad-blu system had failed and was replaced, they said that there had been a few failures on new vans recently with the same issue.
Problem fixed .
People at the Fiat Pro garage were great, Dinnet Garage between Aboyne and Ballater , Aberdeenshire.

Ally.

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
I had exactly the same problem at 2k miles, when travelling around Norfolk, got it fixed at Thetford. Told me it was a DPF sensor so could be the same thing.

Didn’t help van came with hardly any AdBlue, dealer gave me free container of AdBlu when I complained.

OP
OP
Aji

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
I had exactly the same problem at 2k miles, when travelling around Norfolk, got it fixed at Thetford. Told me it was a DPF sensor so could be the same thing.

Didn’t help van came with hardly any AdBlue, dealer gave me free container of AdBlu when I complained.
Yeah, probably was the same sensor.
I topped up the Ad-blu after 1800 miles, took 8ltrs to fill.

Ally

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
DPF sensor 3 times before fixed.

Adblue issue when the low warning light came on and 5 litres made no difference. Had to go on the back of a recovery truck for the dealer to sort out, as the van went into…..’I ain’t starting mode’.

The Adblue tank is 19 litres. I top it up every 1000 miles, it takes between 3 and 3.5 litres…….it’ll never get low again as there is very little leeway between the low warning light coming on and the van refusing to start once switched off.

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Staplehurst, Tonbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returning to MHoming after 11 years
My 2 month old 160Bhp 640SLB engine light came on at 2200 miles, and went into "slow mode" with no stop/start or power selector. Due to be looked at Fiat dealers next week. Also needed to add 11 litres of Ad Blu.

Last edited:

Mondo74

Free Member
Jun 24, 2021
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin On Order
Van is Sgx with 180hp auto, mileage just above 2k, less than 2 months old.

Driving home and the engine warning light came on ( Amber), dashboard message said check engine and stop / start unavailable.
No loss of power etc, everything normal apart from the warning light and message.
Called Fiat Pro garage and booked in .
The garage informed me that a sensor related to the Ad-blu system had failed and was replaced, they said that there had been a few failures on new vans recently with the same issue.
Problem fixed .
People at the Fiat Pro garage were great, Dinnet Garage between Aboyne and Ballater , Aberdeenshire.

Ally.
That's really handy to know that Dinnet Garage is a Fiat Pro center. Doesn't come up on the Fiat Pro page. They'll be my garage of choice when needed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Aji

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back