Go European

Motorhome Dealer details

We are main dealers for Carthago - Autotrail - Hobby - Rollerteam & have a large selection of pre-used motorhomes for sale on display.

We are located at Gailey Island Staffordshire & also benefit from a totally dedicated service centre where you will meet our team of highly skilled technicians.

You’re always assured of a warm welcome from our sales team who are friendly and knowledgeable. We are constantly striving to exceed our customers expectation and take great pride in helping you...
You do not have permission to view the full content of this item. Log in or register now.

Latest reviews

Approx date of transaction
October 2018
We bought our first motor home (Carthago) from Go European unseen. Initial impression of the Sales site when we went to collect it was OK - lots of new and second hand motor homes squeezed into a small site, but with loads of parking available in the adjacent garden centre car park.

Handover was thorough and all our questions were answered. There was a small dent in the rear valence they offered to repair or compensate for - no question or argument. I was quite pleasantly surprised by that.

I needed some warranty work done (Pioneer Satnav stopped working). This was arranged with Lewis the Service Manager efficiently and with good planning.

I had the first annual habitation service done in 2019, an inverter fitted and various minor things done. I live in Somerset so it's a long trip up to their workshop. I have always had the use of a vehicle and if any work has taken more than a day, Lewis has ferried me to and from the railway station.

Whenever I've wanted technical questions answered, they have either responded quickly with full and competent answers or asked the factory for a response.

The sales and service centres are being brought together in 2020 at a purpose built new site, so any issues with parking at the old service centre should be resolved.

Although there is a Carthago dealer quite close to me (who couldn't do a good enough deal when I bought my motor home) I will keep going back to Go European, a 240 mile round trip, because I have always had good quality and value service from them.
Initial Impression
4.00 star(s)
Attitude
5.00 star(s)
Handover
4.00 star(s)
Trustworthiness
5.00 star(s)
Aftersales Service
5.00 star(s)
Would you use this company again?
Yes
June 2017
We bought our Carthago from GMC very happy with the sales side we got a very good deal the handover was not so good they scuffed the paintwork on the back of the van and it had a stone chip on the front they did repair these.

Aftersales very poor they don't reply to emails or phone calls and when you turn up at the workshop its pot luck trying to find somewhere to park.

We gave up trying to get the warranty work done , Im not even sure they odered the parts we needed ended up switching to another Carthago dealer.
Initial Impression
5.00 star(s)
Attitude
5.00 star(s)
Handover
5.00 star(s)
Trustworthiness
3.00 star(s)
Aftersales Service
1.00 star(s)
No
October 2018
Bought used Hymer from them October 2018. Good price for our trade-in. Very pleased with handover, all staff very friendly and helpful. After sales has been excellent, fridge required new mains element and cooling unit. Efficient service with good communications and once again very friendly staff.
Initial Impression
5.00 star(s)
Attitude
5.00 star(s)
Handover
5.00 star(s)
Trustworthiness
5.00 star(s)
Aftersales Service
5.00 star(s)
Yes