Suggestions for a "Grand Tour" of the South West(ish)? (1 Viewer)

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
We have Six days away at the beginning of December (1st to 6th) and Chris has persuaded me that we should head South for a change... This is driven by the fact that she has always wanted to visit the Eden Project and Kew Gardens, she's also thrown in that a visit to Jamaica Inn would win brownie points.

Bearing in mind that Chris is now 3-0 up, I've suggested that Beaulieu Motor Museum would be well worth a day (I think I was perhaps 7 when I last visited), which she grudgingly accepted, and I've not told her yet, but another day will be taken up with a visit to Bovington Tank Museum.

It would be great to hear of any other locations in the South West that Funsters would recommend. We'd be particularly interested in small fishing villages (North or South Coast) where we might park up on the harbour and spend an evening in the local... (Coach built, 7m)

Cheers
Red, Chris and Bannock

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Might be worth asking on the Far South-West Group page

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Appledore And Bideford - Motorhome friendly.

Lovely (if a bit weird) pub in Sourton who allow overnight parking if you pay the pub a visit.

Mevagissy Park and Ride allow overnighting.

Tintagel allow overnighting. Lovely pastie shops!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
If you are starting at Beaulieu then there’s lots of coast to explore before you get to the far South West.
Look at the campsites at Seaton, Charmouth. It’s a lovely part of the Jurassic Coast.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back