New to this (2 Viewers)

Claire Lewis

Free Member
Feb 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato sundance
We have just bought our first MH and have no idea how to work anything, we have a fiat ducato 2001 and any help or information would be greatly appreciated

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hello and Welcome .
There isn’t an app for the forum but it works well on a mobile phone .
What make and model of Motorhome do you have ? The Fiat is a popular base van for many companies 👍🏻

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have just bought our first MH and have no idea how to work anything, we have a fiat ducato 2001 and any help or information would be greatly appreciated
Canna help with the app but welcome anyway :)
You say you have a Ducato but that is only the base vehicle.. Who buiLt the motorhome bit ( or converted it ? )
For instance, we have an Autotrail Chieftain on a Ducato chassis
A bit more info might help us help you :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome.
Some first advise. As a new member you only get 5 free posts, so you have used 3 already.
Full membership is £15 a year.

It would be better to state the make and model of your van, Fiat ducato is just the base vehicle, as Jaws has said.
Most fitted items like fridge, cooker, heating are common to many other makes and models and even caravans.
Search or look through the threads here on the forum and i am sure you will find the answers.
Ask any specific question and someone will be along to help. (y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Welcome Claire you will find instructions for most items as a pdf by googling. If you have a self build it might be best to contact the previous owner. Enjoy your Motorhome

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Welcome to the mad house.
New myself so cannot help. Lots on here that can/will help if you give them the correct MoHo details.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

What Motorhome do you have - for example, ours is an Elddis Majestic on a Peugeot Boxer base vehicle - Elddis are the Motorhome builder, and Peugeot the base vehicle manufacturer?:unsure:

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hello and hellowelcome:pink::welcome3::welcome4:w2f;bigwelcome:

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Sign up membership - it is REALLY worth it. I did 2 years ago and the group has been so helpful.
If you tell us where in the world you live you might ave a member from here happy to take a look and get you started on basic things like heating, battery etc.... I have already done this for a friend of mine (when Covid restrictions allow it).

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Welcome from the Highlands of Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Made me smile last week during the cold snap , kinbrace got mentioned a few times , correct me if I am wrong but is that the the end of the B871 , a fantastic drive across the plateau ! Oh to be back there soon

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Have a look at the makers name on any appliance then download the appropriate manual, being female you will read and understand it. Real men ignore instructions until too late.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Welcome.

Firstly, as others have said, join up, pay the fees, you'll get the value for money in no time.

I was in a similar position to yourself, the proud owner of a second hand motorhome, no manuals, instuctions or having a clue.

Fun and its membership certainly came through.

My vehicle was like many, based on a Fiat Ducato as the base vehicle. That area presented few issues as it is just a vehicle and like all you check the water, dip the oil and look at other resevoirs.

However behind the front seats could have been the Space Shuttle.

A little bit of common sense, experimentation, trial and error, got me through the basics.

But there were still lots of mysteries to discover.

Many motohomes, no matter the base vehicle or manufacturer of the habitation (the house on the back) use the same equipment so;

Posting a photo of the heater contols on here enabled a Funster to identify the heating system, name it, give me basic instructions, which were reinforced with additional comments and an Internet search allowed me to download a manufacturers manual.

This method solved many of my poblems and answered querries.

I went right out of my comfort zone and attended a small Funsters meet. I remember Badknee , JockandRita to name just a couple of very experienced motorhomers ventured into my van and helped my with other full and informative desciptions of what did what.

I did contact the motorhome manufacturer. They were not unhelpful but preferred not to deal with customers and referred me to the Dealer network. My local deale was a waste of rations, another was as helpful per hour I was willing to pay for. Eventually I stumbled upon a friendly motorhome dealer and service garage in North Devon, Mullacott Caravans, who were very helpful.

Finally if you go to the Fun, Forum List;

There is a ton of already well written help.

And don't foget the Search button in the top ight hand corne of every page.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hello, and welcome, anything you need to know ask away photos are always handy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun