Changing rear light cluster (2 Viewers)

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Has anyone had to change a rear light cluster?
After a particularly rubbish bit of reversing I need to replace the offside rear light!
Looks like it could be a bit of a pig to get at?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It's the chaps who build motorhomes that make it difficult, we are on our second PVC both similar layouts being fixed transverse bed at the rear, and they build around the rear light cluster, and both vans have been a sod to get at, but if you have nothing in the way it's not too bad, ;) I can even get my hand in , but it's easier for Janie her small hands, you have two pressed steel nuts holding the cluster on.
It could be impossible if you had a shower or similar at the rear. :eek:
Our were Rapido and a Pilote, but some globcars have the same layout. (y) Bob.

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
My van is. Campscout Revolution.
I think I would struggle to get my hand in to change a bulb let alone remove the light.
Maybe a job for my young kids!

I don’t want to start removing trim and fittings unless I really have to.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I would think it would be easier to remove it to change the bulb. :)
I can't remember what size the nuts are, if you can remove the covers on the rear and your gas bottle cabinet is not in the way, you will be OK. (y)

Our Rapido I had to force one screw out on each side, because they built in front of it, ;) it was left out, because it was easier than remove the cabinet each side to undo the screws. :LOL:
Maybe @jezport has removed his. (y) Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I have a similar problem on our Globestar caused by the bike rack opening onto the rear lights, fortunately I managed to tape up straightaway in the dry and that has lasted for 2 MOT's.

Getting at the retaining nuts will be extremely difficult as the lower access hole has very little clearance to get a hand or tool in, it must be possible as Vanbitz fitted a Strikeback alarm and red repeater into the lens.

The N/S is even more difficult as the access hole is covered with cloth trim which I will probably have to cut a hole in when I need to replace a bulb.

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Vanbitz put my LED in the near side as they said it was easier to get to do the offside is going to be a challenge!

The crack and hole are all in the clear hit so I may attempt a repair with clear plastic and superglue. I taped up the damage as soon as I did it, it didn’t even break a bulb!

Deleted User
Vanbitz put my LED in the near side as they said it was easier to get to do the offside is going to be a challenge!

The crack and hole are all in the clear hit so I may attempt a repair with clear plastic and superglue. I taped up the damage as soon as I did it, it didn’t even break a bulb!

The hole in mine was relatively small and in the clear area, I just used good quality sellotape but proper tape is available on line in a variety of colours.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Think before leaving out any awkward cluster screws the seals depend on equal pressure around the fitting to seal
leaving a screw out could let water in:Eeek:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Think before leaving out any awkward cluster screws the seals depend on equal pressure around the fitting to seal
leaving a screw out could let water in:Eeek:

I'm talking about the screws holding the covers inside the van Geo, the ones the converters ignored when fitting cabinets :rolleyes: because your never going to remove lights or change bulbs are you. :eek: :LOL: Bob.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I'm talking about the screws holding the covers inside the van Geo, the ones the converters ignored when fitting cabinets :rolleyes: because your never going to remove lights or change bulbs are you. :eek: :LOL: Bob.
No Not Me Bob I bought a Garage so i didn't have to:doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back