Problems with Google tool bar (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have the return of an old problem IE

When the curser is placed on a bit of hyper link text I should get the start of the text pop up in a little box. Now this has been working fine for about 12 months, or from when I last re-formated the hard drive.

The last time I had this problem I think I was on the same Wifi link at McDonalds in Algeciras.

By looking in the Firefox toolbar, error console I find that every time I touch a hyperlink a new error report is made. So as an experiment I went into, tools, add-ons I disabled the google tool bar and the hyperlink worked again.

I think the problem is a combination of the "Double click" cookie and the strange way I get connected to the McDonalds link which is a "Zona Wi-Fi de Telefonica" service provider, their digi certificate is out of date in 2005

I will, when I get the time reinstall a fresh copy of the Google tool bar after I leave this area and see if the problem stay's away.

Now! Do you know of this problem?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Doug

Don't know this problem, but if it were mine, I'd forget IE, uninstall Google toll bar and install Firefox .. best browser by far for Windoze..

jim

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Hi Doug

Don't know this problem, but if it were mine, I'd forget IE, uninstall Google toll bar and install Firefox .. best browser by far for Windoze..

jim

Jim, I AM running Firefox.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hi,

I ran a systems check on Tuesday, and tidied up the registry, and my Firefox browser started to do some odd things, the worst of which was that it wouldn't run multiple tabs at any sort of reasonable speed.

I decided to uninstall Firefox, and install a fresh copy.

I went to 'My Computer', and clicked uninstall. The Firefox uninstaller gave me the choice of a complete uninstall, or uninstall, but keep favourites and personal settings etc. I chose the latter.

When I re-installed Firefox, everything that I had done to customise it, incl all my favourites and toolbar settings were exactly as the had been.

Firefox is now like lightning again:Smile:

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Hi,

I ran a systems check on Tuesday, and tidied up the registry, and my Firefox browser started to do some odd things, the worst of which was that it wouldn't run multiple tabs at any sort of reasonable speed.

I decided to uninstall Firefox, and install a fresh copy.

I went to 'My Computer', and clicked uninstall. The Firefox uninstaller gave me the choice of a complete uninstall, or uninstall, but keep favourites and personal settings etc. I chose the latter.

When I re-installed Firefox, everything that I had done to customise it, incl all my favourites and toolbar settings were exactly as the had been.

Firefox is now like lightning again:Smile:

Thanks but I have tried that and it did not work.

Doug...

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Firefox is certainly not fault-free, but a much better option than IE in my view.

My install has a habit of just disappearing, usually when I have around 6 tabs open. The program seems to just shut down and also disappears from the task bar. I launch the program again, and then all the tabs that were open previously start to load back in. Which is nice, apart from the fact if you're in the middle of writing a forum post, then that's gone for good.

Time for reinstalling I think.

A favourite add-on I'm using at the mo is AutoPager:

Say you've done a search in Google, as you get to the bottom of the page you have more results pages ready to click on. With AutoPager this is done automatically. As soon as you near the bottom of the page, then page 2 appears below and so on.

Also works here on the forum. No need to 'turn the page' anymore, AP does it for you.

This is handy if you're using a netbook or anything with a smaller than usual screen.

Paul

gunerdoo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
ROMAHOME
Firefox

On Firefox I use Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
OK: I have fixed it,

Tried reinstalling FireFox, that did not work

Tried reinstalling google toolbar and that worked!!

Still don't know how or were the problem came from???

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back