LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
My new Ducato Knaus van has "concertina" style blinds fitted to cab doors therefore making the standard Fiamma/Thule/Millenco interior security locks impossible to fit and because of the contours of the cab/body the same is true of the standard external motorhome locks supplies by Fiamma/Thule/Millenco. On my last van (a Merc Rapido) I was able to fit Fiamma external security locks to all doors!
Help!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hope you get sorted Teuchter... it's annoying when you buy a new van and can't get standard equipment to fit. I can't get a fly screen to fit my Burstner because of the internal door lock set up. Frustrating.

Hopefully someone can help you with security issues once they have had their Sunday lie in. :)

OP
OP
Teuchter

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
OP
OP
Teuchter

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
Security issues finally sorted!! :) :)

Deadlocks fitted to both front doors at my home - cab now ultra secure and a very good clean job carried out by these folk http://www.sussexinstallations.co.uk/ I can highly reccommend them.

Fiamma safe - doorframe lock fitted by myself to habitation door outside and a bolt on inside.

All done!! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back