WARNING (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I am sure that most of you are up to speed with all the Email spams and scams BUT. Yesterday I got an Email from PayPal, which I use. Saying that due to multiple log ins ( which I had had) they had automatically suspended my account and would I respond to the Email !!! I rang PayPal who said "not from us" which I had already suspected..
I get others daily from H.S.B.S etc, which are fairly obvious. But this one was not !!!
Be careful people, its dangerous out there !!! Hill street blues, I loved that show, "mad dog" et al... Mitch. Sorry if I am teaching anyone to "suck eggs".:D

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's good to remind people.
the paypal account closed scam has been going for years..

Simple thing is just never click a link in an email.. Go to the website direct...

"Take care out there"

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would and have advised over and over again.. NEVER click on a link mailed from ANYONE or ANY organisation
be it Farcebook, Twitter, PayPal, ebay, your bank, your broad band provider.. or any one else.

Even if the mail appears to be genuine and starts with your name rather than the more common Dear User..

If a message is genuine it will be on the site it is sent from usually ( esp eBay and the like )

99% of all so called 'hacked accounts' are not hacked at all..
There are very few people who have the skills or ability to do any real hacking..
There are millions of people who can send out e-mails asking you to log on to this or that site and who you will be giving your log in details to if you do.
PLEASE FOLKS.. do not be a victim !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I always right click on 'view full header', because I use another log in name for important or money related stuff. 99% of the time, the post is addressed to my 'spam' account.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Never ever use the email link. If in doubt go direct to the site and if they say 'not from us' report the email as a scam. If I get an email from an unknown sender I always Google it and that way I'll find out if its a scam

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
I would and have advised over and over again.. NEVER click on a link mailed from ANYONE or ANY organisation
be it Farcebook, Twitter, PayPal, ebay, your bank, your broad band provider.. or any one else.

Even if the mail appears to be genuine and starts with your name rather than the more common Dear User..

If a message is genuine it will be on the site it is sent from usually ( esp eBay and the like )

99% of all so called 'hacked accounts' are not hacked at all..
There are very few people who have the skills or ability to do any real hacking..
There are millions of people who can send out e-mails asking you to log on to this or that site and who you will be giving your log in details to if you do.
PLEASE FOLKS.. do not be a victim !!

Very good advice. However the ebay vehicle scammers are highjacking user accounts and that includes dealers who's online sites have been used to scam consumer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
How ? ( if you know, PM me as it is not something I would want published on an open forum ! (y);)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back