Zidisha, good idea on helping out.

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Jonkil, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jonkil

Jonkil Funster

www.zidisha.org

Been putting a few quid into this for a while.
    Just re-invested my returns again tonight.
    Brilliant way of giving less fortunate people in third world countries a leg up.
    Amazing the difference a few hundred makes, and to boot it is an investment... Both in money and people.
    No commercial interest, just something I get a kick from.

2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Can't knock the principle but there is a risk that you'll lose your money!

Is Zidisha an investment broker?
    No. Zidisha is a low-cost nonprofit community (managed by volunteers). Our organization is responsible only for maintaining the Zidisha website as a platform for the transactions that take place between its members. Accordingly, we do not make any representation or promise that lenders will recover their funds or earn a positive rate of return.

3. Jonkil

Jonkil Funster

Yes,
    Absolutely. But the people borrowing here have ( in my experience) have a 110% work ethic and work to succeed.
    I began putting $100 US in, now about $1500 and intend to keep doing it. Satisfying seeing the results.
    My losses so far? $40 on one scheme, but the returns have been greater than this.
    Not a money making scheme, rather a helping out scheme.
    I treat it the same as a lottery ticket, by all means buy it but have no real goal of winning the jackpot..... but be in a position to afford to loose the price of the ticket !