• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

X290 Ducato Centre Glovebox (1 Viewer)

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
I recently replaced the central glovebox that was factory fitted on my Dreamer PVC with the Fiat twin cup holder unit and am offering the glovebox for sale. It is keyed to my vehicle, but will come unlocked and if you are looking to replace a damaged unit, you could probably swap the barrel over. Comes with the Torx fixing screws.
IMG_8607.jpg
IMG_8608.jpg
IMG_8609.jpg

I have looked on-line for a price and the only one I found was an eyewatering £114. I'm happy to sell for £30 collected, South Wales.

Jan 4, 2008
Churston Ferrers Brixham
Funster No
MH
A & c class, now PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Would you post it , very interested I would pay for postage if you confirmed cost of postage
I am very interested

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I recently replaced the central glovebox that was factory fitted on my Dreamer PVC with the Fiat twin cup holder unit and am offering the glovebox for sale. It is keyed to my vehicle, but will come unlocked and if you are looking to replace a damaged unit, you could probably swap the barrel over. Comes with the Torx fixing screws. View attachment 288246View attachment 288247View attachment 288248

I have looked on-line for a price and the only one I found was an eyewatering £114. I'm happy to sell for £30 collected, South Wales.
I hope you get a successful sale - seems like a bargain.

But I'm surprised you wanted to do the swap. Buying a Rapido (who as you know, also produce the Dreamer), was - from my perspective - a real bonus that it still had what has become an optional extra of the locking central glovebox on the current Fiat chassis.

Personally, I wasn't impressed when they changed the standard spec from the X250 to the X290, regarding deletion of the glovebox.

Most converters don't / won't pay Fiat for the extra charge for the option.

Anyway, trust your new set up works well for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Garratt

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
Would you post it , very interested I would pay for postage if you confirmed cost of postage
I am very interested
I can have a look at cost of postage for you. It’s quite bulky though.

OP
OP
Garratt

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
I hope you get a successful sale - seems like a bargain.

But I'm surprised you wanted to do the swap. Buying a Rapido (who as you know, also produce the Dreamer), was - from my perspective - a real bonus that it still had what has become an optional extra of the locking central glovebox on the current Fiat chassis.

Personally, I wasn't impressed when they changed the standard spec from the X250 to the X290, regarding deletion of the glovebox.

Most converters don't / won't pay Fiat for the extra charge for the option.

Anyway, trust your new set up works well for you.
Mike, I tried to get it changed at the factory, and they wanted another €200! We had the twin cup holders on our previous MH and it suited us better, hence the change.

Jan 4, 2008
Churston Ferrers Brixham
Funster No
MH
A & c class, now PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Yes please if you can I would appreciate it . I have been looking for one

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Mike, I tried to get it changed at the factory, and they wanted another €200! We had the twin cup holders on our previous MH and it suited us better, hence the change.
Interesting. And certainly expensive for the factory to change it.

My understanding, which may not be accurate, is that the X290 chassis or van is supplied with the cupholders as standard.

But Rapido/Dreamer is one of the few converters to specify the glovebox option at an extra charge to them of about £30.

But equally, I can sort of understand Fiat or Rapido? wanting to charge you a lot more to alter the Rapido spec.

Glad you managed to do it yourself, for significantly less. (y)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Interesting. And certainly expensive for the factory to change it.

My understanding, which may not be accurate, is that the X290 chassis or van is supplied with the cupholders as standard.

But Rapido/Dreamer is one of the few converters to specify the glovebox option at an extra charge to them of about £30.

But equally, I can sort of understand Fiat or Rapido? wanting to charge you a lot more to alter the Rapido spec.

Glad you managed to do it yourself, for significantly less. (y)

Some early X290's have the glovebox - ours is 11/2014 & has a glovebox (y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Some early X290's have the glovebox - ours is 11/2014 & has a glovebox (y)
Quite possible I'm sure.

But who is the converter for your van, and could they have specified that with Fiat when ordering the chassis? I doubt Rapido is the only converter that specifies the glovebox, though I think the majority don't. :)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Quite possible I'm sure.

But who is the converter for your van, and could they have specified that with Fiat when ordering the chassis? I doubt Rapido is the only converter that specifies the glovebox, though I think the majority don't. :)

Our MH is an Elddis Majestic 195 in on a Peugeot base & we added the cupholder / shelf accessory from a Funster so have the option of either or both. :)

Jan 4, 2008
Churston Ferrers Brixham
Funster No
MH
A & c class, now PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Hello Garrat
If you give me your post code and a appropriate dimensions and weight of it I can arrange pickup from my end via Hermes ( that’s if you still want to post it )

Many thanks
John

OP
OP
Garratt

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+