Wots this? (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
If it helps it looks as if the open end with the pin through it should go over a bar/tube with a slot across the end which should engage on the pin. Similarly the small diameter pin looks as if it should enter a mating component with a matching hole in it to accept it, possibly with a spring loaded detent or spring clip to engage with the groove round it. Do you have any other items that might fit it, perhaps part of an awning frame?
Just taking a stab in the dark I'm afraid.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
That's where it is, do you know, I've been looking for that for ages. Can I ask where you bought it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
That's where it is, do you know, I've been looking for that for ages. Can I ask where you bought it?

No! But it was very very expensive and you can have it for a knock down price............................if you can just tell me WHAT THE F**K IT IS???:p:p;)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Looks suspiciously like part of the mechanism that winds out an awning...

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
It's a 2-in-1 tool.
The open end with pin across engages with a remote valve to allow you to dump your grey waste while on the move.
The second function works when two rods connect with a male being inserted into a female receiver and the pin holds them together. When you are towing your A frame in Spain and spot the local police following you, you just pull the pin and the toad separates from the motorhome thus saving you from being fined.

Last edited:

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
It's a 2-in-1 tool.
The open end with pin across engages with a remote valve to allow you to dump your grey waste while on the move.
The second function works when two rods connect with a male being inserted into a female receiver and the pin holds them together. When you are towing your A frame in Spain and spot the local police following you, you just pull the pin and the toad separates from the motorhome thus saving you from being fined.

Close but not correct - Nothing to do with A Frames in Spain but very much to do with gassing in France!

The slotted connector is specifically designed to attach to a British Oxygen (BOC) cylinder much about the same as a Propane/Butane connectors.

The round tube with the red collar coming from the centre of the implement then attaches to the drop-down oxygen masks fitted above your heads. In the unlikely event of nefarious gassing, oxygen masks will automatically drop down. Place the mask etc………. and remove your shoes before jumping onto the emergency evacuation slide.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back