Worked out how to make lots of money! (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
OK, I'm not a pet keeper but I've never understood this fairly recent practice of providing bins for dog crap.
Dog keepers take their dogs out for a walk (actually, out for a crap in someone else's space) then are invited to parcel it up and put it in a bin for someone else to empty!
You couldn't make it up if you tried.
Take the bloody stuff home with you! Better still, get your dog to crap in your own garden.

It goes without saying that ALL Funster dog owners do the proper thing:)
So.

You are touring in n your motorhome and you have to take your dog crap home with you rather than place it in the bin provided?:cool:

Think not!

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This topic is a bit of a minefield,a lot like the pavements at marsellian plage. They should rename it dog s"_#$ alley !!!.If you own a dog clean up after it. There's no such thing as a dog poo fairy ! !.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
OK, I'm not a pet keeper but I've never understood this fairly recent practice of providing bins for dog crap.
Dog keepers take their dogs out for a walk (actually, out for a crap in someone else's space) then are invited to parcel it up and put it in a bin for someone else to empty!
You couldn't make it up if you tried.
Take the bloody stuff home with you! Better still, get your dog to crap in your own garden.

It goes without saying that ALL Funster dog owners do the proper thing:)
The majority of dog owners take their dogs out for exercise because it's cruel to keep them indoors 24/7. Janet takes Pepper out at least 3 times a day, EVERY day. She, and Pepper walk miles. It's exercise. They are public places, not someone else's space
It's common land or roadways.
They aren't 'invited' to parcel it up. It's is the law and enforceable (not enough IMHO).
The council supplies the particular bins for people to deposit their poo bags in. OK, that's an expense for the rate payers but which would you rather have? It also provides a job at the council or possibly several or part time. They don't actually handle it and it wouldn't bother me to empty those bins. Far better than some household bins by the smell of them. We for actually have a bin also at home for the dogs poo and unfortunately, as I'm sure (well probably not) you can appreciate that during an exercise period if a dog wants to go, then how would you stop it?
In case your post was comical, so is my reply

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We find it handy on bin days when they are lined up along the road awaiting collection. Quick look and pop it in the nearest one, job done - twice. :hi:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
So what would you do with it if there wasn't a bin?
What gives you the right to expect someone else to take care of your dog's crap.?
Nobody is being expected to take care of owners pets crap. The council provides the bins gorgeous that purpose and they take responsibility to empty those bins. Once items are placed in a bin, particularly council owned, it becomes their property.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I like the one.....

"We ALWAYS pick up" :pinocchio:
(y) & I've even picked up, & won a bet. whilst having no bags /anything.:sneaky:

What gives you the right to expect someone else to take care of your dog's crap.?
I carry it until I find one. Failing that I put it on floor of van by handbrake until I come across a bin/get home/fall out with a driver using a phone/texting.;)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I constantly see dog keepers "exercising" their animals on our local recreation ground. That's a disgusting and irresponsible thing to do. They know their dog will crap where people will play games and children will picnic but they don't give a stuff.
"I pick up so it's OK"
My original point was "Why should councils have to provide bins and an emptying service to lazy and irresponsible people who think the sun shines out of their dog 's backside?"

On a more serious note - what a stunning moon tonight. :)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I don't expect anyone to care of my dogs crap but I am buggered if I will drive 200 miles home with it in my van as your post suggested.It will be bagged and either placed in a waste bin or disposed of with my rubbish.

This thread reminds me of the letters in the Caravan Club magazine....

"Why can't we have dog/child/music free sites".

Most dog owners tend to be responsible, not all I admit.

Shouldn't "doggist" posts be relegated to the Belly Locker together with racist, sexist, transgenderist, transsexualist posts?:whistle:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Placed the bah behind a bush but despite taking careful note of the place couldn't find it on our return, and we did look for it for ages.
Would you like me to return it? Dont really want it, but you know, you find stuff out on walk, and think "Will keep that, might come in useful", and it just stays in your pocket, until one day, you take the coat to OXFAM or wherever, and the kind lady says....."Excuse me sir, but you left a bag of dog s**ie in the pocket of that jacket you donated, we kept it for you, just in case it belonged to your dog......."
Well, I still have it. Will save it for you until the next meet. (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I constantly see dog keepers "exercising" their animals on our local recreation ground. That's a disgusting and irresponsible thing to do.
No it's not. It's just as irresponsible for some half pi**ed kid to smash a Budweiser bottle on the path. Lets ban all kids from parks. (y)

My original point was "Why should councils have to provide bins and an emptying service to lazy and irresponsible people who think the sun shines out of their dog 's backside?"
For the simple reason that like everyone else in the community, dog owners pay council tax....! Shock horror, you say!! They pay COUNCIL TAX!! :eek: When you can assure me that kids in parks stop throwing litter around like confetti, when a bin is less then two feet away, and their parents dont take a blind bit of notice, then I will stuff a large cork up my dogs a**e, Until then, have a great sh*t day. (y)

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Well I must say thank you to everybody who has contributed to this post, and for all of your wise words about my money making scheme. I knew when I asked that you would all help and possibly stop me from entering the Dragons Den and making a complete fool of myself on European tele.
I therefore, after deep thought, realise that a much better idea is to go on to Italian tele and sell a translated version of our Highway Code.
How can I possibly fail.:clown:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Well I must say thank you to everybody who has contributed to this post, and for all of your wise words about my money making scheme. I knew when I asked that you would all help and possibly stop me from entering the Dragons Den and making a complete fool of myself on European tele.
I therefore, after deep thought, realise that a much better idea is to go on to Italian tele and sell a translated version of our Highway Code.
A beautiful wind up of epic proportions!(y):)

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp

How many Italians are likely to be driving in the UK to make it a 'good earner', not to many...(n)(n) Perhaps Polish would be a better bet:rolleyes::rolleyes:

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
That is brilliant. Never heard that before. Having said that, how the chuff did you find it ?
Ahh, I am a fan of the eclectic. Doc Smith was a musical contributor to the Esther Ransom "That's Life" show for years. He got fed up with his "nice man" image and started a band called Ivor Biggun and the Red Nosed Burglars, and made some classic music which you can easily find on YouTube

There is lots of *ahem* salacious material in his repertoire, and some classics suitable even for my old Mum's ears. Relevant to us lot here on MHF is "The Charabanc Trip":

"Well my Dad took a crate of ale with him
Intending to travel in style,
Charabanc did about 25 miles to the gallon
My Dad did a half pint to the mile."

Had me in stitches

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It ought to take off in UK,,,,sh..t everywhere,,always worst in winter,,,wonder why,,,,BUSBY,,
I won't show this to SWMBO. We've had three dogs in 20 years and she's NEVER left a dump or parcel except in the appropriate places that are supplied by the councils.
I still wonder why horse riders don't need to pick up particularly when done on pavements. They get rid of a load especially the riding schools.

Bit different deposit really,,very little smell,,,Would you put dog crap on your rhubarb? BUSBY:D:D:D

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
We find it handy on bin days when they are lined up along the road awaiting collection. Quick look and pop it in the nearest one, job done - twice. :hi:

That would be nice at the recycling centre,,responsible dog owner i don't think,,BUSBY:eek::eek:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
It ought to take off in UK,,,,sh..t everywhere,,always worst in winter,,,wonder why,,,,BUSBY,,

Bit different deposit really,,very little smell,,,Would you put dog crap on your rhubarb? BUSBY:D:D:D
Definitely if it would stop it growing.
It may be good for growing things but that doesn't help if you stand in it, does it or is it a matter that you slip in it because it's dark, you fall over and just get up and say, ah it's ok, it's only horse crap? Hello, it's still crap whether from a cat, dog, horse or fox.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I constantly see dog keepers "exercising" their animals on our local recreation ground. That's a disgusting and irresponsible thing to do. They know their dog will crap where people will play games and children will picnic but they don't give a stuff.
"I pick up so it's OK"

On a more serious note - what a stunning moon tonight. :)

I agree about recreation areas. Normally any I have seen state no dogs but the tw@@s still use them even though there's acres of other space next to the play areas & pitches.
Back to the bins though, they don't have to supply a special bin or someone to empty it . Any waste bin does me. My complaint is that there aren't enough of them.

That would be nice at the recycling centre,,responsible dog owner i don't think,,BUSBY:eek::eek:
Make a change from them throwing back what isn't in the right box then.:D

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Definitely if it would stop it growing.
It may be good for growing things but that doesn't help if you stand in it, does it or is it a matter that you slip in it because it's dark, you fall over and just get up and say, ah it's ok, it's only horse crap? Hello, it's still crap whether from a cat, dog, horse or fox.

I know which one i would rather stand in or tread in the house,,BUSBY,,,

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
download (2).jpg