Will Vista Become Windows 7

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Braunston, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Braunston

Braunston Read Only Funster

Hi, I seem to be getting updates to my version of Vista nearly every day the latest one today is nearly 20MB, if they carry on like this I have a feeling it will be the same as Windows 7 in a few months so why change

2. Andy 01424

Andy 01424 Read Only Funster

Wndows 7 is a dressed down version of vista,basic Vista was a basic a Buisness designed OS,,if you notice it takes around 750mb ram to run Vista where as XP needed a min of 256mb,basic they cut a lot of the crap out of Vista and launched it as Windows 7,its a shame they didnt listen to a lot of people ,XP was so user friendly,you needed to find anything couple of clicks your there Vista was a minefield to find anything,hence i stick with XP

and i agree were stuck with Vista on laptop,would have to replace HD just to go back to XP ,and all we have had over past few weeks is updates ,so i shut it off so no updates :Rofl1:

3. smiff

smiff Read Only Funster

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi.

W7 RC is no longer available for download , just as I was thinking about it .. :Sad:

due for release on 22nd Oct ...

jim

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Thank your lucky stars Jim - means you won't be tempted to "upgrade" and make a mess of your machine :BigGrin:

Apart from patches/service packs I've never felt tempted to change the OS which came with a machine since the days of Win 3.1 - and that was only to take advantage of networking in 3.11 :Smile:.

Graham

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

seems like you know me better than me .. :Laughing:

7. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

And how many updates has it taken to make Windows xp and even vista stable after how many years?

Yes there are many similarities between Vista and windows 7

7 uses memory and processor more intelligently and is the obvious progression to vista.

PS I've just finished upgrading a "raw" xp sp2 image on my wife's new laptop and it's taken some 3 hours with the service packs.

I still stick with the opinion, after running 7 for a couple of months or more, that it is a far more solid O/S.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009