Will Vista Become Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, I seem to be getting updates to my version of Vista nearly every day the latest one today is nearly 20MB, if they carry on like this I have a feeling it will be the same as Windows 7 in a few months so why change

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
Hi, I seem to be getting updates to my version of Vista nearly every day the latest one today is nearly 20MB, if they carry on like this I have a feeling it will be the same as Windows 7 in a few months so why change

Wndows 7 is a dressed down version of vista,basic Vista was a basic a Buisness designed OS,,if you notice it takes around 750mb ram to run Vista where as XP needed a min of 256mb,basic they cut a lot of the crap out of Vista and launched it as Windows 7,its a shame they didnt listen to a lot of people ,XP was so user friendly,you needed to find anything couple of clicks your there Vista was a minefield to find anything,hence i stick with XP

and i agree were stuck with Vista on laptop,would have to replace HD just to go back to XP ,and all we have had over past few weeks is updates ,so i shut it off so no updates :ROFLMAO:

smiff

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Reading, Berks
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
None yet

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi.

W7 RC is no longer available for download , just as I was thinking about it .. :Sad:

due for release on 22nd Oct ...

jim

Thank your lucky stars Jim - means you won't be tempted to "upgrade" and make a mess of your machine ::bigsmile:

Apart from patches/service packs I've never felt tempted to change the OS which came with a machine since the days of Win 3.1 - and that was only to take advantage of networking in 3.11 :Smile:.

Graham

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thank your lucky stars Jim - means you won't be tempted to "upgrade" and make a mess of your machine ::bigsmile:

Graham

seems like you know me better than me .. :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

And how many updates has it taken to make Windows xp and even vista stable after how many years?

Yes there are many similarities between Vista and windows 7

7 uses memory and processor more intelligently and is the obvious progression to vista.

PS I've just finished upgrading a "raw" xp sp2 image on my wife's new laptop and it's taken some 3 hours with the service packs.

I still stick with the opinion, after running 7 for a couple of months or more, that it is a far more solid O/S.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back