Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We 'wild camp' virtually all the time! When on holiday last year in Ireland we did so for 4 weeks in some absolutely wonderful places and with the blessing of the 'natives'! In mainland Europe we use aires, stellplatzs ... stellplatzi ... (or their equivalents), or again wild camp. In the UK we tend to go to MH shows, wild camp and may use a CL if we're in the CC club, but the last time were joined we used CLs for only 3 nights so it was an 'expensive' membership for nothing! We park in places which don't cause problems for others, in out of the way locations, however we have also parked in the centre of villages if we felt it safe to do so and not cause offence ... indeed we actually parked at Keswick in a Chausson coachbuilt MH beyond the main car park near to a restaurant (not open that night but NOT in their parking) adjacent to a nice little copse area so not sticking out like a sore thumb ... no problems and a nice night's kip! :thumb:

As for 'services' etc:

Grey waste - this is mainly water with some small food items in from our own washing (tooth-brushing etc) and the washing-up (we don't put grease/fat/oil etc down it or nasty chemicals) which we dispose of where we see a suitable drain (not one going directly into a water course!).

Toilet cassette - this is emptied in public toilets, either just the 'general' ones in towns/villages, or at attractions we go to - if there is someone there we will of course ask first! We don't leave a mess or use nasty chemicals so don't create any problems.

Fresh water - this can be the 'hardest' thing to get sometimes, but again public toilets (clean ones!) can prove a good source, as can community centres, schools, and at attractions we visit, plus of course the good old cemetary as a standby! If all else fails then we can buy it in bottles.

Gas and Electric - we have a refillable 11kg Gaslow cylinder and a solar panel along with 2 x 100 amp batteries, so are totally self-sufficient in that regard in the spring/summer/autumn. If we did go away for any length of time in winter then we would probably use CLs if staying in the UK as obviously solar power recharging would be much reduced, but we tend not to, so to date this hasn't proved to be an issue.

We do buy produce etc in the locality's shops, spend in the attractions, buy presents etc, so whilst we don't pay for a campsite we are not 'free-loading'! We just don't LIKE campsites - even if they were free, we would still not be happy about using them ... it is just too much like living in a goldfish bowl!

You could argue that staying at a show for a few days is a bit like staying on a campsite, and yes, it does have similarities, however we find that people are not quite so 'curtain twitching' as they are on a 'proper' campsite! :thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We 'wild camp' virtually all the time! :thumb:

As for 'services' etc:

Grey waste - this is mainly water with some small food items in from our own washing (tooth-brushing etc) and the washing-up (we don't put grease/fat/oil etc down it or nasty chemicals) which we dispose of where we see a suitable drain (not one going directly into a water course!).

[HI]Toilet cassette[/HI] - this is emptied in public toilets, either just the 'general' ones in towns/villages, or at attractions we go to - if there is someone there we will of course ask first! We don't leave a mess or use nasty chemicals so don't create any problems.

[HI]Fresh water[/HI] - this can be the 'hardest' thing to get sometimes, but again public toilets (clean ones!) can prove a good source, as can community centres, schools, and at attractions we visit, plus of course the good old cemetary as a standby! If all else fails then we can buy it in bottles.
No utilities are free, someone is paying for that meter going around whether it be cemetery public toilets community centres or schools taps.......could this be where the term free loading (or in this case free loading and unloading) comes from do you think.:Blush:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I presume you are talking about rest places on M ways, laybys etc .. and not the street. ?

Then quite correct.. you don't need a site, provided you are parked up legally, and not 'camping' .. ie. levelers, or steadies, chairs and awning deployed etc etc ..

bear in mind your 5th wheel is a caravan ... and I quote :

The street is not a caravan park

Any parking, other than loading or unloading or because you are waiting for repairs following a breakdown is against the law

It against the law to park on the street at night without warning lights and you should always ensure that you park the caravan with the reflectors facing on-coming traffic

The police can take enforcement action

I am not talking about parking in a street.

I am happy to park anywhere within reason, i do not need campsites, and i will not spend hours looking for a site to park, if not needed.

When we parked in Javea recently we were acknowledged by the police, we didn't cause a nuisance, we didn't dump we didn't leave a mark, yet someone on the forum had to have a pop about 'wildcampers' there.

There were no spaces on any sites in Calpe, Altea, Javea, or Denia regions, we asked at them all. Aires included.

We wanted to visit the area, and see a friend who lives there. As there were no spaces on any campsites, should we have left Javea alone? I don't think so.

I do not have to justify to anyone where i camp. That is up to me. I am not a law breaker, and i will move on if requested. And i certainly will not leave a mess of any sort.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No utilities are free, someone is paying for that meter going around whether it be cemetery public toilets community centres or schools taps.......could this be where the term free loading (or in this case free loading and unloading) comes from do you think.:Blush:

Public toilets are there to be used so I don't see how our putting the waste down it makes any difference ... unless the 'waste' itself is metered!

As for fresh water, again, we don't abuse the availability, just enough to keep us going until we can get a proper fill up. In the vast majority of cases it is from from an attraction ... National Trust and English Heritage are very good, as are the Irish historical sites, even Tourist Information Offices are happy to oblige ... and we DO ask beforehand, if they were concerned they would say no ... oh, I forgot to add, obviously we PAY for entry to these attractions anyway so don't just roll up and 'take' it ... we are not getting something for nothing.

Now, if you REALLY want to have a go at some people for 'free loading' what about some of the full-timing MHers who don't contribute to NHS etc but still expect to be able to avail themselves of all of their services ... or those who are very happy to use 'free' wifi from unsecured sources .... I'm sure the vast majority don't abuse things ... but no doubt that won't make you happy either.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I tell you what...

Funster wild campers are welcome on my land (Quinta Majay) completely free of charge (it is quite wild) for as long as they want...

Funsters who think wild campers are freeloading tossers and would never lower themselves to do such a dreadful, selfish thing are welcome on Quinta Majay for €15 per night with a free Fay Bentos Pie supplied after the 7th night.

I will even allow Egg Chasing Fans from minor countries who talk funny...

JJ :Cool:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
[HI]I know where you are coming from Jim and you are correct.. However, the added risk or danger arises from locals who take umbrage and play silly beggars ..[/HI] they are generally not out to do real harm (in my case they did break a window) or nick anything ..there aim is to drive campers away.. or perhaps even onto a local site.
No doubt some have a vested interest..

I hear what you saying Jim, but I believe its only a perception that there is added risk. In reality there is no added risk, in fact the risk probably reduces in most cases. The stones for instance; that is 1000 times more likely to happen on a housing estate, and you can't drive your house away.

IMO if you follow a few Broken Link Removedthere is no added risk when wild camping, its just the perception. However that perception does make you more aware, and I'll admit that when the family is with me, I never do sleep as sound when wild camping as I might when on a site or on a rally field. But that's just me, my rational brain knows I am in no more danger than when parked on a site, and considerable less danger parked as opposed to driving.

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005

We are members of the public too, surely we are just using public services in a slightly different way but essentially it amounts to the same thing.
I bet most of us are inclined to be a lot more carefull with these public facilities than the general public who probably take them for granted :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
An old Yiddish saying... Es iz leichter bei andereh chesroines tsu gefinen vi bei zikh meiles.
Roughly translated...It is easier to find faults in others than virtues in oneself :Smile:.

daviddavid

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
one year
URL=http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/loftlettings/media/P1010553_zpsaf00c92b.jpg.html]Broken Link Removed[/URL]As a new member I suppose I should be careful jumping in with my first post in such a sensitive topic.

We like wilding. Its interesting, exciting, breathtaking, exhilarating and truly beautiful to see this amazing country without being sanitised by EHU, nightly entertainment, shower blocks or other people. Our motorhome and the night sky is all we need. Its stunning.

We dont wild near other people. Thats not the point. Its removing ourselves (even for a couple of days) from everything and taking a few moments just to stop and appreciate where we are thats the joy.

I wouldn't get that from a camp site. I dont think less of people who do. Thats the beauty of the human race. We're different.

Last edited:

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
URL=http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/loftlettings/media/P1010553_zpsaf00c92b.jpg.html]Broken Link Removed[/URL]As a new member I suppose I should be careful jumping in with my first post in such a sensitive topic.

We like wilding. Its interesting, exciting, breathtaking, exhilarating and truly beautiful to see this amazing country without being sanitised by EHU, nightly entertainment, shower blocks or other people. Our motorhome and the night sky is all we need. Its stunning.

We dont wild near other people. Thats not the point. Its removing ourselves (even for a couple of days) from everything and taking a few moments just to stop and appreciate where we are thats the joy.

I wouldn't get that from a camp site. I dont think less of people who do. Thats the beauty of the human race. We're different.

Lovely pictures, David. I had a Hobby 750 for 3 years reg was W700 HOB. It was and still is a very eyecatching vehicle. I then bought the smaller 650 and had that for 5 years. Some people still call me the Hobby lady. Enjoy your motorhoming wherever you go, it's a great life.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
everyone pays water rates, in some cases like the west country we pay a premium because of the high proportion of holiday makers in the area. I have no need to pay in every location I visit.

We all pay money to live no matter if we buy it all at home before we leave or shop locally most of us do spend locally. In our case a hell of a lot visiting local attractions, zoos etc when we visit other funsters.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I don't wish to spend my leisure time parked next to other people especially in the height of summer with the stench of elsan toilets. I tried it one summer and never again. I don't drink and drive so no problem. Those who like a drink every day need to be on a site, no problem all the more quiet space for me and I really don't care where it is because once I stop the curtains are drawn and I hear nothing, see nothing and worry about nothing. My choice you are welcome to yours. I fail to see why some people feel the need to knock anothers' way of life.

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I just remembered why I like wilding....I can generally avoid the unsavoury characters that frequent campsites :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Smudger 006.jpg
    Smudger 006.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 54

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As a new member I suppose I should be careful jumping in with my first post in such a sensitive topic.

So long as off site camping takes place where it is legal - and it does not cause annoyance and/or inconvenience to others - then fine.

When people selfishly camp where it is not legal and/or in such numbers that it does adversely affect others then it does none of us any good and makes any efforts to provide aires &c even harder than it is.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Because we can... :thumb:

Freedom of choice.. :thumb:::bigsmile:

I may well be wrong Mo, but "Because we can", only if you break the law.

"Freedom of choice", and the choice/rights of the person who owns the land?

I do like the idea, but, I have taken a decision not to wild camp, two reasons,

a) You may be at greater risk.
b) Its legality.

I don't have an issue with camping in a non commercial site but I am unsure of the legal position if you wildcamp and the owner decides to block you in.

But as has been pointed out, each to his/her own.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We've used the occasional lay-by alongside the truckers if the place we were hoping to stay is either full or shut (ie Canterbury P&R on a Sunday or after 9pm), but for me 'wild' camping is just that - it's an open space some way from habitation in a remote area, it's not some convenient patch of gravel in a country lane just outside a commuter village. Can't say I've had to wild camp in that sense yet but I wouldn't rule it out if travelling through Scotland or the Northern Isles. I don't feel the need to actively pursue it or make it into some sort of personal mission if there's low cost campsites around and I'm happy to pay up to 10 Euros a night for aires in France. Free aires are a bonus, not the norm.

I'm always amused by those glossy adverts in MH magazines that show shiny new units parked at a jaunty angle (fridge won't work properly, bed on a slope, crockery sliding off surfaces) on some sunny British clifftop (blown to buggery at night) as if that's actually possible or even allowed in Britain. I hope people don't buy MHs in the hope they'll be doing that all year round - they're suckers if they do.

I dislike ordered tidy regulated privet-hedged campsites that resemble suburbs in both layout and mentality, but there's still enough cheap field and tap plus clean bogs if you're lucky sites for us not to have to pull in and sleep in lay-bys.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I may well be wrong Mo, but "Because we can", only if you break the law.

"Freedom of choice", and the choice/rights of the person who owns the land?

I do like the idea, but, I have taken a decision not to wild camp, two reasons,

a) [HI]You may be at greater risk.[/HI]
b) Its legality.

I don't have an issue with camping in a non commercial site but I am unsure of the legal position if you wildcamp and the owner decides to block you in.

But as has been pointed out, each to his/her own.

Greater risk of what?

Wild Oggie

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E462
Exp
Mid 70's
I think it is the middle class misconception of invading pikes
carry on camping folks but do take your litter home.:thumb:
and empty yore s.....t responsibly and we can all enjoy the freedom that motor homing brings :thumb:
just don't go to Anglesey the natives are hostile:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
it is the only place I have visited and had agro and it wisent Frome a true local it was Frome a stuck up middle class English git
upset me when he called me a new age traveller and that my van was a bit orffft and even implied that it was probably not even insured
and had a forged tax disc.
levee nothing but foot prints and you will always be welcome back folks
except in Anglesey never went back agene

We have ventured to Anglesey a few times now and yes Wild Camped every time, never had any trouble at all, locals we encountered were brilliant. Same as the Lleyn peninsula and Snowdonia excellent locations.

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
What is wrong with wild camping if you are not breaking any law or bye law.
Its all a matter of time isn't it, when does parking become camping, after 2 hrs 3hrs 10hrs a day, I don't know.
If I am traveling a long distance and since I live on Isle of Wight I have to do that quite often when I leave our tranquil isle, I do not know at what time I will wish to get rested for the night nor where I'll be so how can I book a site even if I knew where one was.
It is far more convenient to find a quiet backway with a convenient layby or similar to stay the night.
Why should I have to stop at an inconvenient place pay for stuff I don't want or need just so I can sleep & cook my own food in my own mobile home.
After all I have paid (a bloody lot) to use the road when I got that little round piece of paper from the DVLA earlier this year, yet alone the insurance to use my camper.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
What is wrong with wild camping if you are not breaking any law or bye law.
Nothing, it only becomes a problem when laws are broken or others are adversely affected (see previous post).
Its all a matter of time isn't it, when does parking become camping, after 2 hrs 3hrs 10hrs a day, I don't know.
When the vehicle is used for domestic purposes, not simply time.
If I am traveling a long distance and since I live on Isle of Wight I have to do that quite often when I leave our tranquil isle, I do not know at what time I will wish to get rested for the night nor where I'll be so how can I book a site even if I knew where one was.
We all have the opportunity to plan our journeys and factor in rest stops with appropriate margins so we shouldn't become over tired.
It is far more convenient to find a quiet backway with a convenient layby or similar to stay the night.
Why should I have to stop at an inconvenient place pay for stuff I don't want or need just so I can sleep & cook my own food in my own mobile home.
No reason at all - unless laws are broken or others are adversely affected.
After all I have paid (a bloody lot) to use the road when I got that little round piece of paper from the DVLA earlier this year, yet alone the insurance to use my camper.
Irrelevant I'm afraid, no more rights for us than drivers of any other vehicle.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We have ventured to Anglesey a few times now and yes Wild Camped every time, never had any trouble at all, locals we encountered were brilliant. Same as the Lleyn peninsula and Snowdonia excellent locations.

All the places I have visited on Anglesey, have signs stating no overnight...

I did type a lot more but deleted it.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some of the posts on this thread are more like promoting freeloading than wild camping. two entirely different things and just go to show the mentality of some....I paid a fortune for my van because i am soooo rich, but begrudge spending any money in the area i am visiting. I bring my own food and facilities so have the right to park where i want. sod the locals or any bylaws as they dont count as i am above them because i own a motorhome.

now wild camping is on a lake shore or out in the wilds where it affects nobody and the local bylaws allow overnight sleeping. its so rural and remote that there are no campsites. true wild campers respect the area they are visiting

yet again though the selfish few spoil the areas they visit for the other motorhome owners that would like to visit. is it any wonder that many councils are banning motorhomes from carparks? let them park and you end up with people abusing the contract and using carparks as free campsites and all the problems that arise from it. just remember next time you try to park up and camp at one of your previous freeloading sites and see theres a height barrier or you get moved on, its "YOUR own selfish actions that caused it"

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I personally don't like the idea of wild camping and have never done it but two questions come to my mind -

Isn't it illegal to camp on someone's land without the landowners permission and/or without the landowner having planning permission or being affiliated to the CC or C&CC you need an exemption certificate from DEFRA? and leading on from that if your MH was vandalised or broken into while you were wild camping would your insurance then be vaild?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all is explained in the 2008 instructions written by the spanish interior minister. camping isnt allowed but parking is . overnight sleeping etc or what ever you do in the vehicle is allowed . this is eu law . there can be special requests from councils etc to change this in certain areas but signs and the reg that alters it must be shown on site .
personally i cant understand why anyone with a motor home would use a camp site .
unless a group meeting etc . last time i used a campsite was in 2008 . then it was only for one night . i spend half my life living in my truck . no problems if you follow the rules google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.viajarenautocaravana.com/legislacion_detall.php%3Fidg%3D19574&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinstrucci%25C3%25B3n%2B08/v-74%2Bde%2Bla%2Bdireccion%2Bgeneral%2Bde%2Btrafico%2Brel
cant find it on here but that explains it all.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I personally don't like the idea of wild camping and have never done it but two questions come to my mind -

Isn't it illegal to camp on someone's land without the landowners permission and/or without the landowner having planning permission or being affiliated to the CC or C&CC you need an exemption certificate from DEFRA? and leading on from that if your MH was vandalised or broken into while you were wild camping would your insurance then be vaild?

Camping on somebody's land without permission could amount to trespass.
There are a number of exemptions in the First Schedule of the 1960 Act as well as club exemptions so planning permission is not necessarily a prerequisite.
Having said that, the landowner would have to know about the camping taking place before any trespass or granting of permission could take place - not always easy in remote areas or where the landowner is not about - so the legal aspects often prove difficult to enforce.

As far as insurance goes I don't know. Anyone concerned about it would be well advised to check with their insurer though.

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
We wildcamp enjoy it so far not been worried about safety maybe l am just deluded :)

I am a non drinker but l have observed cheap wine and beer causes gassing internal to external gassing, and if with someone they suffer external to internal.

Beach sounds good except l am working in grimsby this week and my views of here or cleethorpes no sane person would use the beach

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Sounds to me that we're gonna need some damn great campsites for every single Hgv that stops out overnight according to some.:Doh:
If stopping for one night ruins things for everyone then they're already ruined as you cannot stop for one night :Doh: we' ve frequently overnighted in Poole, the car park we stay in allows parking overnight but not sleeping. If someone knocks and I open the door I am not asleep, if no-one answers the door then the vehicle is legally parked with paid-for ticket displayed.
Honestly what is the point of having your own facility's, leisure battery etc if you're only ever going to be hooked up at a full facility campsite.
According to what I'm reading a lot of vans don't need a shower, toilet, three way fridge, ( domestic one will suffice) water tank, sink. 12v system Etc etc.
Honestly don't mind sites but don't need them, thank god for the aires system in France, I sure wish the moaning Minnie's would allow them here.

Cheers. Nige

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
In theory I like the idea of wild camping especially if it's somewhere completely 'wild' like North of Scotland or where there's nice scenery & if there's no campsite within easy reach - until the loo needs emptied & water runs out that is. Peace & quiet. Wouldn't want to do it though if there were houses or people about & generally prefer sites for security.

Passion France & Brit Stops sounds good too but that's just free not wild camping & I would no doubt buy something from the people to show appreciation for their kindness in allowing such a scheme to exist.

Dot

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Sounds to me that we're gonna need some damn great campsites for every single Hgv that stops out overnight according to some.:Doh:
If stopping for one night ruins things for everyone then they're already ruined as you cannot stop for one night :Doh: we' ve frequently overnighted in Poole, the car park we stay in allows parking overnight but not sleeping. If someone knocks and I open the door I am not asleep, if no-one answers the door then the vehicle is legally parked with paid-for ticket displayed.
Honestly what is the point of having your own facility's, leisure battery etc if you're only ever going to be hooked up at a full facility campsite.
According to what I'm reading a lot of vans don't need a shower, toilet, three way fridge, ( domestic one will suffice) water tank, sink. 12v system Etc etc.
Honestly don't mind sites but don't need them, thank god for the aires system in France, I sure wish the moaning Minnie's would allow them here.

Cheers. Nige
HGVs are somewhat different though arent they? park up for the night on an industrial estate or layby for the night or to comply with tachograph hours. however the idea of somebody wanting to do the same and effectively camp for free in a motorhome just shows how tightfisted some people are. how many times will the aire system of france be trotted out as a shining example of FREE camping. its not, as somebody has to pay for the facility and its often the local townsfolk. Personally I respect that and make sure I frequent the local businesses to help pay my little bit back as a thankyou.

expecting the whole world to just accept that YOU deserve to have it all for free is pure and simple greed.

in this country I rally with the various clubs and use the camping and caravanning club's temporary holiday sites for cheap holidays. i still contribute wherever i go though by buying all my groceries in local shops. living in a very tourist dependent area I am very aware of the issues and the public opinion to the freeloaders that park up in carparks and on seafront roads for weeks on end. perhaps some others on here should think about others and their rights not just themselves.

by the way, i am not some moaning minnie, I respect others right to enjoy their chosen lifestyle, just get annoyed by the attitude of some that their rights outweigh those of others no matter what the law and local bylaws allow for.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back