Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I’ve joined today and I am absolutely confused by this entire thread . Is this purchase of a motorhome being dictated by a dream ? I don’t get it .
Welcome to the fun ... or should that be mad ... house! :giggle:

It appears to be just as you state however I think there is more than one 'dream' and 'spirits' are involved too ... apparently of the ghost rather than alcoholic nature or so the OP is claiming! :LOL:

You'll soon realise that some members are sensible, other are nutters, there are a few who are just plain weird, not to mention the twits and serious ones ... but there are a lot that just don't fall into a single category! 🤪

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Creuse is cool, closer to the coast, more Devon than lake district, green rolling hills etc.. The reasons for my choices were ski and motorcycle driven hence near the Pyrenees in Nouvelle Aquitaine. So sad that you lost so many people, same here, there's a lot of it about :-(. Motorhomes are brilliant, the freedom to move wherever (not under lockdown) and if u get bored of a view you can turn it round or move up the road, the "aire de service camping car" here in France was another plus for me, the freedom to roam without the need to book anything. As to buying one and travelling in hot places, make sure it has an awning so you can get out of the van during the day, cabin fever can be an issue. Good luck and keep looking, there are some amazing vans about. Small word of warning, don't do what I did, I bought a brand new van and got on a ferry and there were a few niggles/faults that I wish I had got sorted before running for the hills.
Thank you Canyon, I only mentioned lake District as they said it in some blurb somewhere, I have never been there. I have been to Devon as a child and loved it :giggle:. There are a lot of us losing people, I should count myself as fortunate, for I am having the strangest contact with all of them.
Canyon, I have no idea where I'm going, I'm just going to follow my Gut instinct, which in the last 54 years, has admittedly always got me lost :LOL: for the first time ever, I can not get lost, as I have nowhere to go.
I thought, if I bought a second hand van, all the niggles may have been sorted out, but im realising bigger niggles come with older vans! - If I see anything, I'm posting it on here, for you all know far better than me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Peeps sell their motorhomes because they have a problem with it. We’ve sold two with problems. Don’t get me wrong, both times we actually part-exchanged and the dealer was made fully aware both times.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
I’ve joined today and I am absolutely confused by this entire thread . Is this purchase of a motorhome being dictated by a dream ? I don’t get it .
Hi Swifter, the answer to your question is yes! I am leaving my house with 2 suitcases and one item only, to live in a motorhome, in search of a house (more info) which was my dead husbands bolt hole in a previous life. I have been told I will be happy there....
And so far, the first part of the dream has come true. For my buyers wish me to leave everything.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thank you so much everyone....

I had to go to town and I was passing a motorhome dealership, decided to pop in and view my first motor home! I think I'm going to love this adventure....OMG! They are amazing!

I was looking at a second hand Deffless costing £58,000, a salesman came over and asked what i was looking for, I said im not really sure, but what ever I buy I would like a composting toilet fitted.. He looked me up and down and said not something id be interested in.... So I said, well would you know anyone who could replace the Thetford... No as I say I wouldnt want it done....
However...... Drumroll! Burstner? Are bringing out a new model next year with a composting toilet from Thetford not as good as some on the market. But they have had to accomodate them..... drum roll..... Dur to popular demand..... We'll not be having any of them here!

And that is my propblem with dealers...... But the Burnster OMG! like a posh London apartment!
I believe he was referring to the new Thetford toilet which is being fitted in Burstners for 2021 models it is not composting but rather a black tank system that flushes with your grey water, rather confusingly they say that it can be emptied into any grey water drain "as long as it's connected to the sewer system".

Martin

Oops I forgot the link https://www.practicalmotorhome.com/news/thetfords-new-toilet-aims-to-make-off-grid-life-easier

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi Swifter, the answer to your question is yes! I am leaving my house with 2 suitcases and one item only, to live in a motorhome, in search of a house (more info) which was my dead husbands bolt hole in a previous life. I have been told I will be happy there....
And so far, the first part of the dream has come true. For my buyers wish me to leave everything.
When are you due to leave your house and what is this one item you keep mentioning?

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I believe he was referring to the new Thetford toilet which is being fitted in Burstners for 2021 models it is not composting but rather a black tank system that flushes with your grey water, rather confusingly they say that it can be emptied into any grey water drain "as long as it's connected to the sewer system".

Martin
That sounds a recipe for disaster Martin ... will we now get sewage emptied into grey water drains and in hedgerows?

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Hang on in - we have a large, very different group of people on this site - best just to read and move on to the next post if not your thing - must admit I am strangely drawn to this one - I had a reverse harem dream last night ;)

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp

Martin

Oops I forgot the link https://www.practicalmotorhome.com/news/thetfords-new-toilet-aims-to-make-off-grid-life-easier
Thank you, I have no idea what he was referring to, he only said that they would be fitting composting toilets..

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Personally l am believing the girl, in an ideal world wouldn't we all like to follow a dream.
One life so try to live it (y)
I gave up on 596 so would someone kindly enlighten me please, did he drive off into the sunset with the biggest, poshest, most poserish, my everything is bigger than yours etc or simply disappear :unsure:

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Hang on in - we have a large, very different group of people on this site - best just to read and move on to the next post if not your thing - must admit I am strangely drawn to this one - I had a reverse harem dream last night ;)
Why would you reverse into a harem, l would have my eyes wide open :eek::rofl:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
:oops: what the heck does that mean! You were part of a harem, or you had a harem of loads of lovely blokes? :p

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Personally l am believing the girl, in an ideal world wouldn't we all like to follow a dream.
One life so try to live it (y)
I gave up on 596 so would someone kindly enlighten me please, did he drive off into the sunset with the biggest, poshest, most poserish, my everything is bigger than yours etc or simply disappear :unsure:
He got permanently banned ... I wonder if he's been abroad in his MH yet as he was only supposed to be using it for a chunk of the summer ... but that won't have happened!

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
When are you due to leave your house and what is this one item you keep mentioning?

Well, like many of you, I too have been thinking what is going on is NUTS! and have had many doubts. November last year during one of these doubts, my step daughter sent me her first attempt at painting a stone.
I think, it is truly the only thing I own which will help me on this adventure.

Attachments

• believe.jpg
    believe.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 49
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Is ianthebuilder s original thread still on here, if anyone can remember what it was called it would make some interesting reading for her?

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Hello Again.
I would be very grateful to know what you think about this one.
Broken Link Removed

The only thing I have a slight problem with, is that who ever it is / isnt joining me, only gets a single... Seems a little unfair to me.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Or there is this. Since there is already a table middle, I dont need table at the end!

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
But perhaps they would be using the same bed as you? Or is there no hint of future romance in your dreams?

I have been promised help along the way!
But I have also been told I will meet my soul mate.... So is the help the help? or is it my soul mate?
I'm expecting the worst, and hoping for the best :oops:

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Only an observation but why are you looking at large motorhomes, would something smaller not be more practical/sensible in your situation.
I have read many times on this forum that Transit based vans are the easiest to break into.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
To everyone followng this post. I wish to tell you, that everything i write is the truth.
I wish you to know, I am in no way playing any one of you.
I genuinely need help in finding a winterised motorhome.
I genuinely need help in finding someone who can fit a composting toilet. Because I will end up possibly in difficulties along the way.
There are smilies to every post. And I realise I am missing some of your comments, I'm sorry, it is not intentional.
So who believes me?
and who would like more information before they decide?
And FCUK, I've just realised there is a scroll button to the smilies.... So!
If you believe me, it is thumbs up. (y)
If you wish for more info it is:wondering:
if you think me playing with you :giggler:
I can get no fairer than that....

But I wish you to know, I am truly grateful for all of your advice and comments. Thank you.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Only an observation but why are you looking at large motorhomes, would something smaller not be more practical/sensible in your situation.
I have read many times on this forum that Transit based vans are the easiest to break into.
I have no idea, but December 31st I had a dream that there was a very large white mobilehome trapped somewhere... The toilet had frozen....
Tucano, I do not know anything! all I know is I can not fully interpret what I am being shown...... I truly do not know!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I have no idea, but December 31st I had a dream that there was a very large white mobilehome trapped somewhere... The toilet had frozen....
Tucano, I do not know anything! all I know is I can not fully interpret what I am being shown...... I truly do not know!
So that is the future isn’t it..? Will you not change your destiny if you prevent certain visions from happening..?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back