Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
See JIMS post of A FRAMES

As you can see from Jim's post today he saw two motorhomes pulled in France today with A frames.

Given Brian our admin of MHF was also stopped and fined along with some fellow travellers late last year you should be seeing a picture that Spain has clamped down on A frames and many other EEC countries have also started to do so.

You can take a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.. just about sums it up:Sad:

Bob

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As you can see from Jim's post today he saw two motorhomes pulled in France today with A frames.

Given Brian our admin of MHF was also stopped and fined along with some fellow travellers late last year you should be seeing a picture that Spain has clamped down on A frames and many other EEC countries have also started to do so.

You can take a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.. just about sums it up:Sad:

Bob

SPAIN:Smile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
The best Legal A frame in the world.

is the one found at the front of one of these. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 14' x 5,11 2500kg Gross Car Transporter Trailer.jpg
    14' x 5,11 2500kg Gross Car Transporter Trailer.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 21
Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
Anyone got advice on which A frame to buy? Have looked at Towtal, Armitage, CarAtow who all seem to be similar spec and price, then looked at Towbars to Towcars who are nearly twice the price when VAT added. :Sad:

Are they that much better? They say they utilise the car's towing eybolt and fit another at the same height so that the car is towed correctly as prescribed by manufacturer. Also fit indication in MH cab to let you know when you apply MH brakes, the toad is braking also.

Could almost buy a good seconhand trailer for the same money. Any advice please? :thumb:

hi ken, its easy just forget the a frame and buy a trailer . job done..:thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Anyone got advice on which A frame to buy? Have looked at Towtal, Armitage, CarAtow who all seem to be similar spec and price, then looked at Towbars to Towcars who are nearly twice the price when VAT added. :Sad:

Are they that much better? They say they utilise the car's towing eybolt and fit another at the same height so that the car is towed correctly as prescribed by manufacturer. Also fit indication in MH cab to let you know when you apply MH brakes, the toad is braking also.

Could almost buy a good seconhand trailer for the same money. Any advice please? :thumb:

Im going for the Towbars to Towcars and having it fitted next month.
After quite a bit of research including asking people who already have one........its my choice.
A lot of the objections raised are addressed and clearly some of the critics have not discussed their thoughts with the company or understand the solutions. Talk to Graham at Towbars to Towcars and find out about re enforced eye bolt connections...as one example.Some say Towbars to Towcars will only supply their
own vehicles not true..........they will fit it to yours. ..and my existing Yaris auto will be converted.

Sure they may be made illegal....but the chances are aspects of them will be with some remaining legal and others complying.....make sure you choose the right one,..

.Its only spain where A framers are being pulled over and accused of being illegal....and this itself may be in breach of european law........or perhaps in germany for different reasons to do with the taxation of trailers
Trailers may well be legal but the are a pain in the ass.....Its an A frame for me.

The OP asked which one was favoured.............not should he have a trailer...but here we go again :)

As I said in a previous email..........why are we so fixated with banning good ideas rather than making them work...and making them legal.

barry

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Trailer...NO!!!

hi ken, its easy just forget the a frame and buy a trailer . job done..:thumb:

Trailer, pain in bottom, we have one for the Harley and takes soooo long to strap it on and off....yawn..Zzzzz :Blush:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
be warned

Im going for the Towbars to Towcars and having it fitted next month.
After quite a bit of research including asking people who already have one........its my choice.
A lot of the objections raised are addressed and clearly some of the critics have not discussed their thoughts with the company or understand the solutions. Talk to Graham at Towbars to Towcars and find out about re enforced eye bolt connections...as one example.Some say Towbars to Towcars will only supply their
own vehicles not true..........they will fit it to yours. ..and my existing Yaris auto will be converted.

Sure they may be made illegal....but the chances are aspects of them will be with some remaining legal and others complying.....make sure you choose the right one,..

.Its only spain where A framers are being pulled over and accused of being illegal....and this itself may be in breach of european law........or perhaps in germany for different reasons to do with the taxation of trailers
Trailers may well be legal but the are a pain in the ass.....Its an A frame for me.

The OP asked which one was favoured.............not should he have a trailer...but here we go again :)

As I said in a previous email..........why are we so fixated with banning good ideas rather than making them work...and making them legal.

barry

Your choice but some, not to mention any traders names, spend the entire phone conversation, telling you how illegal the other systems are and how theirs is not but the advice from certain traders, who I have spoken to is totally incorrect, thus misleading the customer....mmmm...not meantioning any names at all but am sure this did not happen to you at all!...mmmmmmmm....:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back