Rally Chat What's planned at Chester Easter Rally 2017. (2 Viewers)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Hope we get a bit of this sunshine we are having today day at Chestet :)
Hope you are all looking round for a bit of smelly cheese ;) I might have a go at making one of my special Quiches to bring as well x
I bought some Stinking bishop at Newcastle market for my brother. Glad to give it to him, as it stank the fridge out.

Last edited:

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Allan & Loren well spotted that @Dave K £5.00 for the answers that was the bung price in the 70's but how much tonic do you won't ray xx lol still lol the funster's quiz is a fun one no losses only the teams that come behind the first winning team us :clap2::clap2::clap2:this is the other teams clapping us and the other teams:crying::crying::crying::pinocchio:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Easter is coming quite quickly so time to get things together, a quick look through the previous pages will give you a good idea of what is planned, everyone is welcome to join in, any questions please ask on this thread. We at last have got the start of the quiz sorted but if any one else wants to join in please let us know. @Allan & Loren is hosting it this year the teams so far are.

Team 1. Pedagogs (don't ask)

@movan @Blossom @Alfieplustwo @Barclaybasher @Wendo55 @Killie

Team 2. Flower Power
@Kypod. @Muriel @Indy259[/UER] [USER=33707]@retiringjoyce [/USER][USER=31130][/user]
[USER=31130][/user]
[USER=31130]
@Viennese
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=6]
[I]Team 3. Craddock[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[USER=23903]@irv636
@jockaneezer @G T and Dottie @

Team 4. Only here for the Fun.
@Treeeev @Steve and Kat. @DavidG58

Team 5. Loony Tunes
@Silkcut1105 @swanseajack13 @mitzimad

Team 6. The Travelling Newbies
@Rabbitheartedgirl @Dave K @Mickx

Team 7 The Exotic Shirt Gang.
@Jimbohorlicks @Joca @archie2000

Team 8. Triangle.
@funflair @Beacons @Stagman

Team 9. The Morning Funsters
@Baycott @Anthea M @TheTwoOfUs

Team 10
To Follow. :D
[/user][/user]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Tried to do quote but it did not work, slight alteration to a couple of teams, added more teams as well.

Team 1. Pedagogs

@movan @Blossom @Alfieplustwo @Wendo55 @Barclaybasher @Killie

Team 2. Flower power
@Kybod @Muriel @Viennese @Indy259 @retiringjoyce

Team 3. Craddock
@irv636 @jockaneezer @G T and Dottie

Team 4. Only here for the Fun
@Treev. @Steve and Kat @DavidG58

Team 5 ( Stuart's fielding 2 teams ). Loony Tunes
@Silkcut1105 @swanseajack13 @scottla

Team 6 The travelling newbies

@Rabbitheartedgirl @Dave K @

Team 7. The exotic shirt gang
@Jimbohorlicks @jo-ca @archie2000

Team 8. Triangle
@funflair @Beacons @Stagman

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
May 15, 2016
Essex United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Bessacar Coachbuilt 6 ber
Exp
Since 2015
@Dave K You won't need to drown your sorrows... 'The Travelling Newbies' will not come last... Have some confidence! LOL .... Last year me and the OH won the £240 jackpot at the local pub we just happened to go for a meal on the quiz night...

I am hoping to bring some 'brown cheese' to the cheese and wine, if Waitrose stock it like they are supposed to.... Have bought the wine already :winky:

We're off to Yorkshire to see 2 of the grandchildren. Which means we will have to go to my cousins quiz night he runs at a local pub. Strangely I find the more wine I drink the the more questions I know!! Also it will be a practice run and who knows might get a same question in Chester.

Will have to start planning the Easter Bonnet when we get home.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
@Dave K You won't need to drown your sorrows... 'The Travelling Newbies' will not come last... Have some confidence! LOL .... Last year me and the OH won the £240 jackpot at the local pub we just happened to go for a meal on the quiz night...

I am hoping to bring some 'brown cheese' to the cheese and wine, if Waitrose stock it like they are supposed to.... Have bought the wine already :winky:

We're off to Yorkshire to see 2 of the grandchildren. Which means we will have to go to my cousins quiz night he runs at a local pub. Strangely I find the more wine I drink the the more questions I know!! Also it will be a practice run and who knows might get a same question in Chester.

Will have to start planning the Easter Bonnet when we get home.

Loving your confidence, just hope you and @Mickx live up to my expectations :D2

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Everything but Bungy- jumping @ Movan, c'os I've got a terrible fear of heights !!! I like my feet on the floor and not even on TABLES :sick::LOL:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We are getting things together for Chester, ordered the Sunshine, a huge thank you to @Silkcut1105 for sorting the Karioke and @swanseajack13 for the lighting for the Marquee.

A few have asked about the Cakes on Sunday morning and so for those who would like to we will have a section for Home Made Cakes Easter Competion, it's a laugh but it is nice too see the Easter Cakes along with the shop ones. I'll have to get my thinking cap on.

We have had names now for 3 more of the quiz teams

Team 10. @DuxDeluxe @Simson @rogher "The Grey Waisters.

Team 12. @ciderman @Melvin @Kim H "The Beating Chastards"

Team 13 @rosierose @Teasy2007 @leighton and kaye "Unlucky for Some"

More teams to follow. (y)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We are getting things together for Chester, ordered the Sunshine, a huge thank you to @Silkcut1105 for sorting the Karioke and @swanseajack13 for the lighting for the Marquee.

A few have asked about the Cakes on Sunday morning and so for those who would like to we will have a section for Home Made Cakes Easter Competion, it's a laugh but it is nice too see the Easter Cakes along with the shop ones. I'll have to get my thinking cap on.

We have had names now for 3 more of the quiz teams

Team 10. @DuxDeluxe @Simson @rogher "The Grey Waisters.

Team 12. @ciderman @Melvin @Kim H "The Beating Chastards"

More teams to follow. (y)
Fab funsters.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yay there is a prize for the best homemade Easter cake ( I know because I've bought it!!!):hi5:
And the Easter Bonnet competition!
But come anyway to taste them!!!

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
image.jpeg
liking the name
:D
Im thinking of having a go at the Easter bonnet thingy to lol!

That's brilliant, it always brings the Easter Feeling . x. a couple from last year.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi can we be in a quiz team please - I thought i had messaged already xx

Yes I have you down, I still have some teams to finish putting together. I'll put them up when I have the final reply's next week. :D

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just putting the remaining teams down, but there are Funsters left that will just fit into teams to make up any numbers, All the following teams will need team names so if you could give me your ideas.

Team 14

@jimcunliffe. @lafayette @nifty fifty. Have you thought of a team name yet.

Team 11 now complete Any name :)

@ValC @Susan J @DrivingMissDaisy @Maureen @Rory @whingyraindrop

Team 15'. Loony Goons.....Sorted
'
Team 16

@Dergrowler @The Happy Couple @daveandsan
O
Team 17.
@Barney23 @panda @Lesley2259

Team 18
@scammellmanswife & Daughter. @aldenise +. 2

Any questions just ask. (y)

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Just thought I'd let you all know the details of the quiz on Friday evening.

We will start at 7.30pm so please get to the marquee in time to sort yourselves into your teams and bring snacks and drinks to enjoy.

There will be a couple of question rounds plus 3 picture rounds and I have some tie breakers should we need them.

The cost is £1 per entrant and as the teams are made up of 6 players I've made the winnings divisible by 6 so the money will be divided as follows:

1st prize £24
2nd prize £18
3rd prize £12
Balance to charity.

I'm open to suggestions for which charity but I would also like to propose that as @Jim & Sian can't be with us as Katie is still in hospital that we donate the money in support of either that hospital/illness or anything else that Katie chooses.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
I would like to tell the funsters that last years (cheat)winner @Popeye will not be there this year is old m/h would not make it to CHESTER it just made it last year but I would like to say he did give the prize money to charity but he was showing off is trophy to all the funstersfor days after and put it on his dash board when he drove off the rally field good sport I say ray xx lol still lol and sometimes I tell the truth :Grin: popeye last year :crying:me last year

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I would like to tell the funsters that last years winner @Popeye did so without the need for cheating like wot we did. We even had a Welsh question category and still we couldn't beat him. He simply had a better team with far superior BRAINS with @ShiftZZ and @lorger and @The Happy Hooker .

I must say I'm not sorry he won't be there as that means his fabulous Frankia Platin Plus won't be there to put mine to shame. I would also like to say he did give the prize money to charity but he was showing off is trophy to all the funsters for days after and rightly so he did have a far superior team.

Thanks Ray, I thought I'd never be able to describe you as Magnanimous in defeat but you've proved me wrong.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back