What you should know about me! (1 Viewer)

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Wow, I mean wow, a shed load of you are fortuouse, (did I spell that correctly).

Me nothing unusual really.. Electronics trained with full mechanical Apprenticeship. Worked in a prototype department, moved into Ultra sonics, made shoe making machinery. Reundant for about six weeks during miners strike. Struck it lucky to work for a Majour Domestic Appliance Company, went self employed, joined the Domestic Appliance Service Association, asked to join the the committee, ended up as their editor of their magazine (Orbit), Service agent for SMEG, Rangmaster etc, then retired.

Okay went to same school as Terry Nelloms (Adam Faith) but much later, other than that not much to tell really, just your ordinary bloke in retirement, not wealthy enough to buy a big motorhome, just barely enough to get a much reduced New Elddis Prestige 175 back at the start of 2015..

Thats it, me Flook:cool:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
The best for me was Frank Carson bless him. He was on a pleasure flight around the isle of white . He sat next to me and my good lady and asked if i knew how to fly one of these contraptions? (De Havilland Dragon Rapide it was ) It was because he said that the pilot was pissed on Guinness! "Its the way I tell em! " he replied bless him....Will not forget him at all. :cry:
I flew from Guernsey to Jersey in a tiny 18 seat Britten Norman Islander. The pilot was just in front of me without anything between us. When he got in he asked me if I'd flown to Jersey before and I confirmed that I had.
"Oh that's good" he replied, "It's kind of kidney shaped isn't it?"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I flew from Guernsey to Jersey in a tiny 18 seat Britten Norman Islander. The pilot was just in front of me without anything between us. When he got in he asked me if I'd flown to Jersey before and I confirmed that I had.
"Oh that's good" he replied, "It's kind of kidney shaped isn't it?"
I flew as 'copilot' on one of those. Really interesting as I had the headphones and could hear what was going on.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
.... and were you?
bigmillies and movan
So will everybody else, a bit like the Vermacht republic and Zimbabwe. Once the hyper inflation starts we need a bigger wheelbarrow, best buy it now before it quintuples next week.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
as a child, from when I was about ten, I used to get put on a train at Paddington to get to Ireland For the summer holidays. My mother would safetypin/tie a brown parcel label to my lapel in case I got lost, and I had to sit by the guards van so he could keep an eye on me.

Apr 20, 2015
Blenheim, New Zealand
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a newbie
Wow, I mean wow, a shed load of you are fortuouse, (did I spell that correctly).

Me nothing unusual really.. Electronics trained with full mechanical Apprenticeship. Worked in a prototype department, moved into Ultra sonics, made shoe making machinery. Reundant for about six weeks during miners strike. Struck it lucky to work for a Majour Domestic Appliance Company, went self employed, joined the Domestic Appliance Service Association, asked to join the the committee, ended up as their editor of their magazine (Orbit), Service agent for SMEG, Rangmaster etc, then retired.

Okay went to same school as Terry Nelloms (Adam Faith) but much later, other than that not much to tell really, just your ordinary bloke in retirement, not wealthy enough to buy a big motorhome, just barely enough to get a much reduced New Elddis Prestige 175 back at the start of 2015..

Thats it, me Flook:cool:
I had a poster of Adam Faith on my bedroom wall as a teenager.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I once sparred with an ABA champion and got well and truely pummelled :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.