What you should know about me! (1 Viewer)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I won a two tickets in competition on Radio 2 to go to Maida Vale Studios. We were two of only fifty in the personally invited audience. The event hosted by Simon Mayo, was to celebrate the lifetime achievements of Kenny Gamble & Leon Huff, creators of the Philadelphia Sound.
It was followed by an impromptu session around the piano and showcased some of their work. Womack & Womack, Sheila Ferguson, and others, along with the small audience, sang along for over an hour, to many of Gamble & Huffs gold and platinum hits.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
which reminds me - someone put a call out for bennie, apparently they want their village idiot back..
"Please miss Diane, oi I heard that you may be an actress?"
"Oh come on Bennie. Get real. Now, this is your elbow and this is your........"😇

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
i remember the phrase " having a bennie "

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I though "bennies" were what the paras called the Falklanders.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
When I was 8, I asked Hughie Green for his autograph and his rely was "f*uck off you little sh*t", funny how things like that stick in your memory at that age.
It was a great day for me when they announced the death of that obnoxious cretin.

I think when flying his own aircraft to Berlin and strayed outside the corridor, he said something similar to the two Russian Migs which jumped him - he dived and stayed ahead of them till within Berlin airspace.

Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
I though "bennies" were what the paras called the Falklanders.
correct - When the Falklands War occurred and just after, British troops in the Falklands referred to the Islanders as "Bennies", after Paul Henry's character in Crossroads, who was often to be seen wearing a bobble cap like the islanders. Benny was a bit of a stupid character, so this was not taken too kindly by the islanders themselves.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Was stopped by David Hunter of Crossroads (Ronald Allen) in Lichfield who was asking the directions to Wall the historical village just out side of Lichfield . He was going to Jane Rossington (Jill Richardson of crossroads) who lived there at that time.
The best for me was Frank Carson bless him. He was on a pleasure flight around the isle of white . He sat next to me and my good lady and asked if i knew how to fly one of these contraptions? (De Havilland Dragon Rapide it was ) It was because he said that the pilot was pissed on Guinness! "Its the way I tell em! " he replied bless him....Will not forget him at all. :cry:

Kev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back