what did you fix today (2 Viewers)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Some time ago (before our first trip to Moroc), the trim immediately above oven started to blister and separate from it's wood support. Upon close inspection , I noticed it was the same as other black trim in the habitation area, namely a decorative heavy duty paper glued onto the wood.
Well it just so happened that the clubhouse was getting some new plastic wall cladding for the bar and it looked like it might be an alternative to the blistered paper. So I peeled of the silver top trim on the existing paper trim, cut the plastic trim to size and glued it to the front of the existing trim, after stripping off as much as I could.
It was even better than the Autotrial trim but whilst in Moroc it came a bit loose so I purchased a bit of Silkaflex (had a job to do underneath anyway) and stuck it back on.
Another job completed.

IMG_0847.JPG

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
When at Calais a few weeks ago on the way home, I looked under the motorhome and I noticed the trunking from my Webasto heater to the floor of the motorhome had come loose at the floor connection, exposing both hot and cold water pipes that were inside the trunking and entered the motorhome through a hole in the floor. I also noticed the insulation on a separate cold water pipe under the van was badly worn so decided to re insulate the insulated water pipe. Install new installation onto the exposed hot and cold water pipes (as far as I could get down inside the tube) so purchased some self sealing insulation and some silkaflex.
The trunking from the Webasto had simply broke away from the mastic seal where it entered the floor when made at the factory so I decided to do a better job by sealing it inside the floor entry and on the outside where it entered the floor.
As the insulation was a bit worn on the tubing I decided to cover the whole lot in Gaffa tape. The job is almost completed, Just waiting for silkaflex to completely cure then I will add new anchor point above trunking to help support it when on the move. This will be over and above the factory installation fitting.
IMG_0841.JPG

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
On our way to Moroc we met up with some friends of ours on a campsite just outside Benidorm and I was shown his WiFi set up which received the signal from the campsite WiFi then redistributed it through his own WiFi router. This meant that both he and his wife could use several devices on his Router and became particularly beneficial where campsites restricted users to one log on per device/user. meaning he could log his router into the camp WiFi system (one user/device) then connect to several devices at no additional cost. Also, th Ariel could (depending on type) pick up more network than is laptop/tablet alone.
I have purchased my equipment as shown in a previous thread and now mounted the Wifi Router. No holes will be drilled to accommodate cables as I will be using bulldog clips to carry the connecting cable above head height and out to the Ariel.

IMG_0848.JPG

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Finally, I would like to show you a picture of the amount of sand I removed from the motorhome after 3 days of cleaning and washing but don't have a picture.
Trust me it was a lot !

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
I finally got round to replacing the outdated and useless Blaupunkt
Lucca Travel Pilot in my Bessacarr E560 and replaced it with a Garmin camper satnav and a rear view LCD colour monitor for the rear view camera.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
A kitchen cupboard door, bathroom sealant, a leak under the sink ....... well, I watched and gave verbal encouragement.:):):)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Over the years, in the winter especially, I have noticed cold air coming from under the dash. Not a draught per se but cold air, even when the heating controls are set to recirc and windscreen.

To counter this my wife has made a thin quilted sheet that drapes from the shelf on the dash and tucks in at both doors reaching to the floor of the van. Hope it works though the problem is only noticeable when really cold outside.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My crocs !!
Yessss. you read that right I fixed my crocs
As any Croc wearer will know they are great to start off with but as soon as they wear the tread off they are lethal on anything wet, especially in toilets and shop fronts.. Marble sort of flooring in fact.
Well I usually get ABOUT 4 months out of a pair.. I then launch them bin-wards as they are just too dangerous
but as they circa £27 a pair and I have a gearbox to pay for again, I thought I would take a gander at sorting out my old pair.
A quick check and yes, while the tread may have worn away the soles are still very thick..

Out with the dremel, a worn out wire wheel attachment, and 5 minutes late I have retreads on my feet !! ( well recuts to be accurate ! )
Just tried them on a very wet path.. solid !!

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
My crocs !!
Yessss. you read that right I fixed my crocs
As any Croc wearer will know they are great to start off with but as soon as they wear the tread off they are lethal on anything wet, especially in toilets and shop fronts.. Marble sort of flooring in fact.
Well I usually get ABOUT 4 months out of a pair.. I then launch them bin-wards as they are just too dangerous
but as they circa £27 a pair and I have a gearbox to pay for again, I thought I would take a gander at sorting out my old pair.
A quick check and yes, while the tread may have worn away the soles are still very thick..

Out with the dremel, a worn out wire wheel attachment, and 5 minutes late I have retreads on my feet !! ( well recuts to be accurate ! )
Just tried them on a very wet path.. solid !!
Alan said retreads were banned years ago as they couldn't take high cornering speeds

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
true but recuts are still good to go on lorries and the like.. At my weight I reckon I can sneak in under that flag !

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
Finally got around to polishing the roof of my camper....Dealer didn't clean it that well !!

Managed and hour after doing ikea and family visiting today.
image.jpg

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Jeez.. I would rather change my gearbox than do my roof LOL !!

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Today I fitted a new gas locker catch, I'm fed up with the gas locker door hitting me on the head. So fitted the newer type Hymer catch
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I used some Kitchen unit plugs to fill in the old screw holes.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Over the years, in the winter especially, I have noticed cold air coming from under the dash. Not a draught per se but cold air, even when the heating controls are set to recirc and windscreen.

To counter this my wife has made a thin quilted sheet that drapes from the shelf on the dash and tucks in at both doors reaching to the floor of the van. Hope it works though the problem is only noticeable when really cold outside.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Not all today but over the last few days fitted a rear view and reversing camera..
20160515_162244.jpg

20160515_162203.jpg

And then after a trip to autogas 2000 I've rejigged the gas system to a 55l underslung tank...
Had to dismantle the gas locker to fit it..
20160514_140223.jpg

20160515_161955.jpg

Still have to do the external fill and some plumbing,and put a new floor into the old gas locker..
Andy.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Andy,

EUR 74.95
Approximately £59.02!!!!!

Mine cost nothing, scrap material, beautifully stitched and quilted by an expert!

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
I finally got round to replacing the outdated and useless Blaupunkt
Lucca Travel Pilot in my Bessacarr E560 and replaced it with a Garmin camper satnav and a rear view LCD colour monitor for the rear view camera.

Got rid of ours as well last year best thing we've ever done (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
DOH !!
I never bought it .. I built it out of two old units !!
Bit of a give away if you see it as the colour match is not even close.. But it was the only blue two pack paint I could get for free !
Still, slap some stickers on and to hell with it LOL !!!

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
DOH !!
I never bought it .. I built it out of two old units !!
Bit of a give away if you see it as the colour match is not even close.. But it was the only blue two pack paint I could get for free !
Still, slap some stickers on and to hell with it LOL !!!
i used exteria gloss on my van today turnd out ok two cotes of under coat and three gloss rurnd out looking ok
bill

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !!
The gun I used was not far removed from that Bill !
Looked every where for my DeVilbiss bottom feeder.. In the end I used some cheapo thing that came with a compressor out of Machine Mart about 15 years ago.. But it worked ok..

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Andy,

EUR 74.95
Approximately £59.02!!!!!

Mine cost nothing, scrap material, beautifully stitched and quilted by an expert!
Yes I was just illustrating the good sense of your work (y) by comparing with a manufacturer that I've never seen in this country. Clearly it must work

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
LOL !!
The gun I used was not far removed from that Bill !
Looked every where for my DeVilbiss bottom feeder.. In the end I used some cheapo thing that came with a compressor out of Machine Mart about 15 years ago.. But it worked ok..
i just sprayed my van with a 14.99 chepo airles sprayer from screw fix bit of a mess abut to get spray right once i got the concistancy of the pant right it done the job ok not perfect but i am happy with it.
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back