What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Home Farm Anglesey for us , meeting some friends who are tugging a new caravan there on their first trip

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Tomorrow I leave Rambouillet and my beautiful grand son Mathis and will hit the road again, back home this time. 637 kms holding my breath for my dear car to complete the distance. I've had troubles last sunday just 54 kms before Rambouillet. Engine was having hicups and I had to stop on the side of the motorway. Funnily the GPS stopped working exactly at the same time . So either I was unlucky , which wouldn't surprise me at all, JJ having my luck shares:rolleyes:, or may be some magnetic area interfered with both the car and the device. Anyway, I waited for the car to cool down a bit and decide to try again.... and did the last few kms ok.
If I leave early enough and have no prob , I might try to call in @BreweryDave campsite. Will decide at the last moment! Also the rain might push me home rather than stop, so time will tell.

I might not be able to see little Mathis before August:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
This weekend I have been so active, I need to sit down and close my eyes when I think about what I have done... so far.

Fixed the loose connection in my 12 volt plug socket which I use for USB charging my devices.
Glued the bathroom door securing strap which was about to break.
Been shopping etc.
Strimmed all around the lower well ready to draw water out.
Found my petrol driven water pump to fill my tanks from that well. Very pleased with myself for carefully putting away all the washers and input/output pipes at the end of summer last year.
Mixed some petrol and filled pump.
Engine started very easily and I have already filled my two 1000 litre tanks.
Started clearing and levelling (even more than last year) the patch for the pool. The old pool has an air leak in the top ring which I can't find, no matter how hard I have tried. So I have bought a smaller pool (8ft) (€35) which I plan to fill tomorrow and use to try to find the pesky leak in the larger one. That's right... a TWO POOL park up. Lol.

All this and it is only 5.30 pm (and I didn't get out of bed until 11.30 am).

Now relaxing and thinking about ride on mowers.

20180512_173411.jpg

JJ :cool:

Last edited:

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
Yesterday went fishing for around two hours first thing. Got three barbel, a bream and a carp then called home for lunch before setting off on some mole trapping checks. Did 11 checks then got back in time to cut the grass before the impending rains.

Clive on Mower.jpg

Today has been a washout. Went shopping, sorted some things out in the basement (fishing tackle) and prepared for my meeting with the departmental architect on Monday. We have had plans for an open garage for the camper van refused because we are too close to the church and the one we asked to be approved doesn't fit the local area. I think that if we changed the flat roof for a pitched tile roof we should get approval. Thing is nobody would be able to see it anyway. :confused:

Tomorrow is a vide grenier (car boot sale) at a local town and then dinner at a friend's house.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
637 kms holding my breath for my dear car to complete the distance. I've had troubles last sunday just 54 kms before Rambouillet. Engine was having hicups and I had to stop on the side of the motorway

Well.... the car didn't do it, and I had a break down on the motorway. It is now in Limoges(well not far), waiting to be fixed. Insurer sent a taxi for me. I was driven to Limoges airport where a rented car was waiting for me. Of course I had no time to call in @BreweryDave , and could not even tell him. Rushed to Toulouse to be in time at the rent car office to give the car back but of course had to drop all my things first at home. I had the car in hands at 3.45pm 331 kms to drive and the office was to close at 7.00pm...vroooommmmm!
Then once the rented car was sorted , another taxi took me home!
Worst is.... I have to do it all over again when my car is ready ! Charming sunday...indeed (oh and of course , it was raining when the car refused to carry on!:rolleyes:)

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Oops, sorry Mick just seen the pic's somewhere else. Verrrrrrrrrrrry Niceeeeeeeeeeee my man.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Tomorrow morning (very early) we are off to Winchester so that Alan can go to a lunchtime retirement do, the pub it's being held at has said we can stay overnight in the MH so we will also have an evening meal there. Got to be there early so Alan can work before the do. Then on Saturday morning we are moving to Littlehampton C&MC site, then home Sunday.

Shazrick

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
Heading for uttoxeter racecourse tomorrow for racing on Saturday evening then after the racing. Two bands on heaven17 and the lightened seeds and the weather looking good

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
On the Saturday night sailing from Portsmouth to St Malo to potter around France for 5 weeks!! :) :) :)

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
This weekend staying at Point of Ayre IOM.
Here for 4mths. Catching all the racing and everything else that goes on through the summer.
20170619_220220.jpg
sunset at the point.

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
We are going away on Sunday so it has been all hands to the pumps catching up on my Mole Patrol visits, then getting home to do the strimming and mowing, filling the water butts using the well pump and preparing and packing the camper, plus making dinner as Little Wife isn't very well.

We are heading for Provence on Sunday morning despite the worsening weather forecasts. We'll take whatever it brings. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back