What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
We went to the Newbury show today, picked up a couple of Funster badges and had a coffee; had a really good look at the Devon Aztec and spent absolutely ages talking to Peter (MD) while Mark went over it with a fine tooth comb and asked questions I'd never even thought about! It would fit our needs very well but still need to see a Touring L to make the final decision.

Tomorrow I'm dropping Mark near Windsor Great Park and he's going to walk to Windsor from there, his chosen route is 5 miles each way - we've no idea how close he'll get to the action, but at least we're local so when he needs picking up again it won't take me long to get there.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Watching a wedding on TV!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Can’t sleep as I currently feel like a kid at Christmas:D

Off to collect our new to us motorhome, Carthago C Tourer I 149. On the way way home, calling into a Honda bike dealership to have a look at scooters.

Pictures to follow.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Shivering, sweating, aching, sneezing, coughing and virtually lifeless on the settee with the c/heating on in the 4th day of a virus, looking at the fabulous sunny day out there and finding it hard to believe that I will ever feel well again. :(

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Shivering, sweating, aching and virtually lifeless on the settee with the c/heating on in the 4th day of a virus, looking at the fabulous sunny day out there and finding it hard to believe that I will ever feel well again. :(
Hope you feel better soon

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Shivering, sweating, aching, sneezing, coughing and virtually lifeless on the settee with the c/heating on in the 4th day of a virus, looking at the fabulous sunny day out there and finding it hard to believe that I will ever feel well again. :(
Sounds nasty. :(

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Hope you feel better soon
Thanks.
aah......aaah....aaaaahhhh...............sssshooooooo !

Poorly.jpg

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
Packing the van ready for our trip to France and Spain on Friday, 6 weeks in the van we are so excited

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hope your feeling a lot better today . Keep drinking plenty water .. GWS.

I’ve been sat in the garden all weekend sunbathing in my bikini ! Doing all my cleaning etc first thing so I can have a long day at it !
I watched the wedding on my iPad yesterday.
Today I’ve been sorting my feet out ( :D(y);)) buffing and polishing so I can get my back brown. Chilling and drinking red bush tea. Not a drop of alcohol has passed my lips .
We go to Crete in 5 week and I was like a lumpy piece of lard. But I’m starting to get some colour now.
Ralph’s been doing the soffits and facia boards at Isabel’s our daughters house . He found an old wasps nest and bees nest in there.
He’s also starting to build an enterance porch for her. Then she can keep coats and shoes there . Today he’s been mostly washing and polishing Pug ready for a rally we’re going to next weekend . He’s thinking a few people might want a look at his self built pride and joy !

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hope your feeling a lot better today . Keep drinking plenty water .. GWS.

I’ve been sat in the garden all weekend sunbathing in my bikini ! Doing all my cleaning etc first thing so I can have a long day at it !
I watched the wedding on my iPad yesterday. Today I’ve been sorting my feet out buffing and polishing so I can get my back brown. Chilling and drinking red bush tea. Not a drop of alcohol has passed my lips .
We go to Crete in 5 week and I was like a lumpy piece of lard. But I’m starting to get some colour now.
Ralph’s been doing the soffits and facia boards at Isabel’s our daughters house . He found an old wasps nest and bees nest in there.
He’s also starting to build an enterance porch for her. Then she can keep coats and shoes there . Today he’s been mostly washing and polishing Pug ready for a rally we’re going to next weekend . He’s thinking a few people might want a look at his self built pride and joy !
Oh yes I’d love a nosey!
( NMC member must live up to her name!!!)

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Today I’ve been sorting my feet out ( :D(y);)) buffing and polishing so I can get my back brown.
Why? Do your feet throw a shadow over your back? :unsure:

Ralph’s been doing the soffits and facia boards at Isabel’s our daughters house . He found an old wasps nest and bees nest in there. He’s also starting to build an enterance porch for her.
I've done nothing but sit in the shade with a jumper on. The odd thing is that although I don't feel like doing anything it doesn't annoy me.
My son came round to start cleaning his caravan. I apologised at not helping, to which the cheeky so-and-so replied that it didn't matter since in fact it was a treat to do stuff at my house without me constantly interfering. Bless!
(And I'd saved a cold sausage treat each for him and for his dog). :rolleyes:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Why? Do your feet throw a shadow over your back? :unsure:

I've done nothing but sit in the shade with a jumper on. The odd thing is that although I don't feel like doing anything it doesn't annoy me.
My son came round to start cleaning his caravan. I apologised at not helping, to which the cheeky so-and-so replied that it didn't matter since in fact it was a treat to do stuff at my house without me constantly interfering. Bless!
(And I'd saved a cold sausage treat each for him and for his dog). :rolleyes:
:rofl:
It does read like that ..... but no . Back facing the sun sat on the lounger. So it gets brown. Doing my feet. ( Little joke with Andrea )
I can't lay on my belly flat, it hurts my back , so I end up with a brown front and a pasty white back , if I don't sit up to get it brown , doing something .
Get it now ? :laughing:
Hope your virus is a bit better today.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Our weekend a Jasmin is almost over and then on to Norfolk.
Had a great weekend here with stunning weather. It is promising to go through the roof temperature wise when we head north and stop at Chorley next weekend !!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Really peed off with meself! Took a tumble, which with a little forethought, on my behalf, could have been avoided, got a nasty gash in my shin now!

Maureen came up trumps, applying TCP and dressing, After 46 years I found out she has sadistic tendencies! She threatened to douse it in Lemon Juice if I didn't stop swearing!

Clarkster

Free Member
Feb 10, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
This weekend we're heading back down to Cornwall to stay at Carnon Wollas Touring Park to meet up with sister & hubby who are trying out their new Motorhome for the first time.
Carnon Wollas are offering a Bank Holiday Special of £10 per night Including electric.
http://www.carnonwollastouringpark.co.uk/
This is a brand new adult only site which only opened earlier this month and it is truly beautiful set in a great location with stunning views. We spent the last Bank Holiday Weekend there and had a great time with amazing weather.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Just got back from the bring & buy and now getting van ready to go off again on Thursday. Off to a THS in Fraisethorpe.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Leaving today for Crete for 6 weeks. :sun:
Sure you'll have a fab time. We're going back to Aghia Galini, where we married 23 year ago last Saturday. We're taking one of our children , Isabel . It's only a quickie on a plane . But we like to get a week every now and then there, catch up with the locals and eat some lovely food.
We'd love to take Pug ( our PVC ) that'll have to wait a few years yet.

Enjoy and safe journey. Post some pictures to whet our appetites!

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Sure you'll have a fab time. We're going back to Aghia Galini, where we married 23 year ago last Saturday. We're taking one of our children , Isabel . It's only a quickie on a plane . But we like to get a week every now and then there, catch up with the locals and eat some lovely food.
We'd love to take Pug ( our PVC ) that'll have to wait a few years yet.

Enjoy and safe journey. Post some pictures to whet our appetites!
Love Ayia Gallini. Been there a few times with and without MH. Camping No Problem is very nice and easily walkable into town. We're flying this time and we stay in Makry Gialos in the S.E. as this is where we used to live. Enjoy your short break.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Advised by my local licensee that if I want a seat in the pub this Saturday evening about 8pm, then I need to be in and seated by about 4pm, bit of a football match on apparently.
I am waiting return of my +70 C1 from DVLA, so if that still hasn’t come back I may well be gearing up to watch the footy, but if it has then wheels will be rolling - not decided where yet.
Going in early for seats, it’s been I while since we saw the Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve queues forming about 6pm even for those with tickets outside the local labour clubs (so they could bags the best seats).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back