OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I gave Waze another try yesterday and got it up and running .. maybe poor phone signal when I tried before.

I then gave it a test drive locally, navigation was good, instructions clear, it does what it says in the tin.. It flagged up potholes that I'm aware of and gave speed warnings when tested ..

but to be honest, I found it a bit too busy and I think aimed at a younger generation .. perhaps it's just me getting old and set in my 'Waze' :p

Then I tried to plan a longer trip with several stops using the Newhaven/Dieppe ferry to France , and I couldn't find how to do it.. it can only do one step at a time.. maybe just me, but Google maps are excellent for planning a trip on a laptop or other device and saving, then sending to your phone when required ..

I use Apple Car Play and both apps work fine.. but for now anyway, I'll stick with Gmaps ..

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Come on be realistic, suppose Google collect data from all their users, what 100 million?

Why would they single you out?.. and what would they do with the data collected that couldn't be found rummaging through your refuse?
Whilst you can go through my refuse it won’t help you as everything with details on go via the shredder.

Realistically you can be profiled and targeted by data companies as I say there is no such thing as a free lunch 🥪

I won’t use Google unless I have to I do not use their search engine, maps or associated companies. I use duck duck go as the search engine safari and fire fox. Apple is the lesser of the weavels regarding privacy. And if you use chrome again Google will be collecting data from you.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Whilst you can go through my refuse it won’t help you as everything with details on go via the shredder.

Realistically you can be profiled and targeted by data companies as I say there is no such thing as a free lunch 🥪

I won’t use Google unless I have to I do not use their search engine, maps or associated companies. I use duck duck go as the search engine safari and fire fox. Apple is the lesser of the weavels regarding privacy. And if you use chrome again Google will be collecting data from you.
Fairy nuff.. I hope I never get to this degree of paranoid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim, that was my experience. Give Sygic a try, you won't be disappointed.

Regards,
thanks.. I tried it before on the 7 day trial and didn't think it was better than Gmaps .. so didn't bother subscribing

checked again today and its not supported by Apple Car Play ..

some comparisons here .. some good features on both apps

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back